TROUBLE

If you ask me why I'm so calm while staring at the eerie dark silhouette sitting motionless in front of me , I'll give you one answer . He's my best friend .

My only friend , to be precise . It's weird right ? But there isn't really an option other than befriending shadows when you're labelled crazy and locked up in your room for a great deal of time . Mostly because people are embarrassed of you , and slightly because they don't want any damage out there .

Yes I've been diagnosed with schizophrenia . A condition where a person's behaviour and actions seem a bit far from reality . Not to mention delusions and hallucinations which make it difficult for you to differentiate between reality and fiction .But being lonely for so long is tiring right ? So I've stopped resisting my demons and started negotiating , despite them putting me in trouble because of their unreasonable actions . After all there isn't much difference between them and me , is it ?
We are both crazy .

I guess I know where this comes from . From childhood I've been a lone soul . Not a day had passed without me hoping and praying for some company . And eventuality this desperation led to my wish being granted . Figures began to conjure up and move around me all the time . They all acted without my consent , and I didn't have any idea how to stop them . I would be alone but I wasn't lonely anymore .

You must have understood that by 'them' I mean there are more than one . They keep hovering around me and sometimes they simply vanish , only to be found again sometime when I'm finally alone . Most of them don't bother me . But there's this boy-shadow , with whom I'm having a staring contest right now , who's been vaguely trying to communicate lately .

He's the one who causes me trouble . But he's also the only one who's ever wanted to be friends with me . So I guess I can afford some forgiveness in that case .
He doesn't speak though , and I genuinely wish he did . He has improved from just existing to maintaining eye contact and tilting his head . That's some progress . I think that's why I'm hopeful for him to verbalize someday .

Right now he is standing across my bed , leaning on the far wall , not breaking the visual contact that has lasted for the past few minutes . It was as if he had put me in a trance . I was able to see him , but my brain didn't give any further instructions . Just like always , I was aware of my surroundings but didn't feel like doing anything about it .

Then he began to shift , weakening whatever power he had held on me , and turned his head towards the large glass framed picture of my family , which hung so perfectly on the wall beside him , it's chocolate brown border flashing faint sparkles in the dim light . He stretched his hand and held the corner of the frame . That's when it hit me what he was about do .

"No--" , I whispered weakly , unable to recognise my own voice for a while . But he had already strengthened his grip . He stood still for a minute before turning to look at me intently , and then yanked the glass off with all his might .

It came crashing down with a huge CRUNCH .

"LUKE!". I heard my dad yell from the hall . "WHAT IS IT NOW!?" , he bellowed .

Shit .