SORRY

From my childhood to this day I've been able to conjure up a lot of things which I wanted to have . Toys , scenarios , friends and many others . But one thing I've always failed to attain , my parent's love .

I wearily looked at the old painting in my shelf , indistinctly blurred because of my unclear vision .

That was the last time I made my parents happy , if i recall it correctly . I still remember the smile on their faces when I was declared the winner . But i guess such luck won't approach me once again in my lifetime .

A warm tear rolled down my eyes and made their way to soak in the pillow . That's how it always is , isn't it ? All our pain and sufferings turning into a drop of liquid and getting absorbed by something lifeless because there's no one alive who cares enough about it .

I didn't bother to wipe them . Instead I let more of it to flow . Me and my tears shared the same worth in this world at the moment . Or rather , worthlessness .

I closed my eyes , too tired to think more .

Somehow I felt warm . And then something even warmer touched my face , in an attempt to wipe the half dried tears that clung to my skin . I meekly opened my eyes , not bothering about who it could be . Why should I ? It certainly couldn't get any worse than it already is , could it ? I would find out .

It was him .

My friend .

Cupping my face with both of his hands and staring at me , or my state ...

And i could see his face clearly for the first time .

He was just how i had imagined and very different at the same time . His expression was a mixture of sympathy and fear . It also had a tint of love , or maybe I was delusional as always , finding things which didn't exist . He took my face in his hands with a tenderness which i haven't experienced in a long time . His palms felt soft , and contained the comfort i very much needed . I felt I could stay in that position for my whole life . In short , he was beautiful .

We stayed like that for some more time . He looked like he expected some sort of protest from me . But i was almost lifeless and had given up at that time .

I was still mad at the fact that he wouldn't speak in front to me . Or maybe he couldn't?

A sigh escaped his lips . He appeared distraught .

"I'm sorry Luke . I'm so sorry." He whispered .

I smiled . He spoke . Finally .

"Why?" I choked out . He didn't reply . He withdrew one of his hands and made a fist . He closed his eyes , as if concentrating hard on something .

He opened his palm followed by his eyes . And there was something . He moved before i could see it . He took it near my neck and i heard something click . He backed away .

I sat up , confused . I ran my hand along my chest and found it .

A pendant .