Chapter 2

| Calum |

1996

"It was the ship of dreams... to everyone else. To me it was a slave ship, taking me back to America in chains. Outwardly I was everything a well brought up man should be. Inside, I was screaming", I tell the people surrounding me.

"But never would I have ever thought that this ship would change my whole life", I say with a sad smile on my face as I remember the good times on it, and sadly also the bad ones.

| Luke |

1912

Fabrizio and I have been sitting by this table for about an hour now. This pocker game we are involved in with two other guys is about to end, which I am really glad about because I just want to win this.

"You stupid fishhead. I can't believe you bet our tickets", one of the other guys says. His name is Olaf, I believe.

"You lost our money. I'm just trying to get it back. Now shut up and take a card", Sven, I think that is his name, replies.

"Hit me again, Sven", I say as I look at those two.

I then take a card and slip it into my hand.

Jack takes a card and does the same. My eyes wander around in the room for a bit then they fall back down to the cards in my hands.

Bills and coins are in the middle of the table. This has been going on for a while. Sitting on top of the money are two 3rd class tickets for RMS Titanic.

The Titanic's whistle blows again. Final warning.

"The moment of truth boys. Somebody's life's about to change", I say as I look around the table yet again.

Fabrizio puts his cards down. So do Sven and Olaf, but I keep on holding mine close to me.

"Let's see... Fabrizio's got... niente. Olaf, you've got squat. Sven, uh oh... two pair... mmmh", I say with a calm voice.

Then I turn towards my friend Fabrizio.

"Sorry Fabrizio", I tell him, my voice still being calm.

"What sorry? What you got? You lose my money? Ma va fa'n culo testa di

cazzo-", he starts to speak angrily.

But I just interrupt him.

"Sorry, you're not gonna see your mama for a long time...", I say, earning some confused glances from the others.

I then slap a full house down on the table.

"Cause you're goin' to America!! Full house boys!", I say excitedly and with a bright grin on my face.

Fabrizio can barely hold back his excitement as he just jumps up, with the brightest smile ever on his face.

Suddenly the table explodes into shouting in several languages. Before anything can happen, I grab all of the money and the tickets as quick as I can.

"Sorry boys. Three of a kind and a pair. I'm high and you're dry and...", I then turn my head towards Fabrizio.

"... we're going to...", I say.

"L'America!", both of us say with excited voices.

Suddenly Olaf balls up one of his huge farmer's fist, causing me to back off a bit. But instead of punching me, he swings around and punches Sven's face, who flops backward onto the floor and sits there, looking depressed.

Fabrizio and I do not care about that tho, we are just dancing around happily. I then kiss the tickets and jump onto Fabrizio's back, while he runs around in the pub. People must think we are crazy, when in reality, we are just very excited to go to America.

"Capito? I go to America!", Fabrizio says to the pubkeeper happily.

"No, mate. Titanic go to America. In five minutes", he replies.

And he's right. The ship takes off any minute now.

"Shit! Come on, Fabri!", I yell as I grab all of our stuff then we quickly run out of the pub and towards the massive ship.

We are carrying everything we own in kit bags on our shoulders, sprinting towards the pier. We tear through the milling crowds next to the terminal. We even dodge piles of luggage and weave through groups of different people. Finally we are running towards the third class gangway aft, at E deck. After reaching the bottom of the ramp, it starts to swing from the gangway doors.

"Wait! We are passengers!", I yell, panting hardly while I wave the tickets.

The man there looks at me as he furrows his eyebrows.

"Have you been through the inspection queue?", he asks me as he looks up and down at Fabri and myself.

"Of couse! Anyway, we don't have lice, we're Americans!", I say cheerfully.

The man is a bit skeptical but he gives in.

"Right, come aboard", he says.

I grin brightly as he says that, then I quickly jump on board, just like Fabrizio does. After having our tickets checked and being written into the passenger's list, we run down the white-painted corridero, grinning from ear to ear.

"We are the luckiest sons of bitches in the world!", I say happily.

Outside, the mooring lines are dropped into the water. A cheer goes up on the pier as seven tugs pull the Titanic away from the guay.

Fabrizio and I burst through the door onto the aft of the well deck. Then we run across the deck and up the steels stairs to the poop deck. We get to the rail and I start to yell happily while I wave at the crowd on the dock.

„You know somebody?", Fabri asks me, a bit confused.

„Of course not, that's not the point", I reply.

Then I turn my attention back to the waving crowd.

„Goodbye! Goodbye! I'll miss you!", I yell loudly at them.

Fabrizio just grins brightly at me then he starts to do the same.

The crowd of cheering well-wishers waves heartily as a black wall of metal moves past them. Impossibly tiny figues wave back from the ship's rails. The Titanic gathers speed.

A while later, we are walking down the narrow corridor with doors lining both sides like a college dorm. We pass by emigrants who are studying the signs over the doors, and looking up the words in phrase books.

We then finally find our berth, which is painted white with four bunks.

There are already two guys in there.

I then throw my kit on one open bunk while Fabrizio takes the other free one.

Those two guys were obviously expecting Sven and Olaf to be here as they just look at us and eachother in confusion.

// AN: I am SO sorry for the VERY late update but I was very busy and also I had no motivation to continue for a while, but now I am motivated and I will definitely update more often :) Gonna post one or two more chapters today. I promise. I will also do to the same with the other story. Hope you guys enjoy this story, thanks for the feedback. xx