prologue

________prologue
"amortentia"

________prologue "amortentia"

May, 1975

"AMORTENTIA is the most powerful love potion in the world. It is distinctive for its mother-of-pearl sheen, and steam rises from the potion in spirals. Amortentia smells different to each person, according to what attracts them"

"That's correct! 10 points for Hufflepuff! You can start miss..."

"Longbottom sir, Jane Longbottom"

"Yes I remember, come here Jane tell us what you smell"

The brown haired girl has light blue circles under her eyes and her long brown hair is gathered in a loose bun that certainly hasn't been done in the last 12 hours. She looks skeptical but the twinkle in her eyes say that she is very excited to find out what her soulmate smells like.

Which is if you ask Sirius Black completely nonsense, but James forced him to attend this lesson. The glasses wearing Gryffindor student wants to know if he and Lily the love of his life are meant to be together . And at least three of the marauders hope they are, because they aren't interested in hearing him cry nonstop.

"Uhm I think that is leader, a new book..."
The girl says before she starts to cough "..and the smell of cigarette smoke"
she finished her sentence.

"And what else" the teacher asks.
"I think that is hairspray or
aftershave I can't tell, mixed with sweat or something like a wet dog"

"A wet dog?" Moony asks next to Sirius with a grin . "I think so" she whispers shyly.

"Pads I think you are the next, isn't he?" Prongs starts to speak.

"Sure" the Professor says enthusiastically, never have the two favourite marauders showed so much interest in his lesson as they do today.

"I hate you" Sirius whispers in Prongs and Moonys ears while passing them.

"I think that's smoke." He says unenthusiastic.

"We want to know more Pads, come on." Prongs says with a smirk.

"Uhm...it smells like freshly washed laundry and tangerines there's also some I think...what the actual fuck is wrong with my soulmate" he answers his friends question.

"What do you mean?" Remus wants to know.
"It smells like coffee " he says annoyed.

"Really that's it, that's the thing that you were making a drama of?" Remus asks.

"My soulmate is insane"The oldest Black brother says before walking back to the place he stood before. There aren't many people who hate coffee but Sirius Black is  definitely one of them. 

-

"Did you hear what Lily said? Mint, Sweat, hazelnut and fresh air, you can't say that isn't about me." James says happily. "Yes I did, but did you hear the girl before Sirius" Peter asked.

"I think we all heard her" Remus said.
"What about her?" Sirius wants to know what they all have with her just because of a wet dog.

"Didn't you listen. Cigarettes, Dog, Hairspray. I would say we found your soulmate Pads." Remus answered.

"Oh come on that's just some Hufflepuff girl crushing on me."

"I think it's mutual" James said smirkingly. "She is hot, you can't deny that."

"Well yes she is but I really don't know what the fuck you all want from me"