Part 7

A/N: I'm sorry for the lack of updates this chapter has been in the editing process for like weeks. This is a juicy one so stay tuned. The next one shouldn't take as long since I'm already working on it. I hope you enjoy it and thank you for reading :) 

Kurapika POV:

Why does Leorio do this to me? If it were anyone else I would have gotten rid of them but with him, I just can't. Leorio wasted so much time and still has not given me any information on Y/N. This is the best lead we have yet he's spending the night with them and going on dates. Maybe I asked for this but for some reason, I can't stand to see him with Y/N it just makes me angrier at his lack of progress. I trusted him with this mission because of his ability to woo someone and I know his charms better than anyone else. Could it be that he has other plans for Y/N?

The ding from the elevator alerted me that I had arrived. It has been a long time since I've been here, I wonder what has changed besides us but thinking of that isn't useful to me now. Right now I have to think about what Leorio would do and turn my charisma on to finally put an end to this case.

Your POV:

"Hello again." Kurapika was not the same as he was at the restaurant. His words and actions were much looser.

"Hello," You said shyly.

"I have to go now" Leorio turned to look at you before walking out.

You were slightly disappointed, you expected a more heartfelt farewell from the way he kissed you.

Leorio POV:

I felt safe leaving Y/N with Kurapika, he had always been intelligent and if anything happened he'd know what to do. He can protect Y/N better than anyone. I know that much but what I don't know is who is going to protect him, it used to be me... 

Can I even say that I know him anymore? We've been growing farther and farther apart. I often tell myself the same lies, "He's not being distant on purpose." "He's just busy." "He has my best interest in mind too... not just his own."

Hopefully, I can come back to Kurapika and Y/N soon, I know things might be awkward between the three of us but I care about them and I want to be there for them. Now is my time to prove that I can handle Kurapika's orders but at the same time I hope there's nothing for me to follow. These people we're supposed to be after are dangerous and Kurapika wants to catch them for a reason.

Your POV:

Kurapika sat down on the couch unexpectedly close, his arm around the back of the couch and head turned to face you. "Y/N...how are you," His charms were fully on but why?

"I'm okay...just really confused. Leorio didn't give me any answers". His intense gaze made you look away but his gentle hands met your chin and directed your head to face him.

"That's good." He smiled slightly. Was he talking about your wellbeing or you not knowing anything?

"Do you want to play a game?" Kurapika asked toying with the collar of his shirt.

"Um...sure I guess. What kind of game?"

"How about Truth or Dare?" Kurapika was telling you more than asking so you complied.

"Uh-okay."

"Truth or dare?" He said not skipping a beat.

"Truth." You were afraid of what he'd make you do if you picked dare.

"What do you know about me?" He made eye contact with you wanting a truthful answer.

"I know that you work with Leorio and it's somehow tied to that restaurant." You watched him with just as much intensity hoping that you'd find some answers from his reaction but there was none.