Chapter 06.

JAZLYN

Since the anniversary my mind has been thinking quite a bit about the conversation I had with my mom. I had so many questions about things she has done since we had lost them and I need the answers. To give myself a distraction, I decided to get my first tattoo at Chris's shop. I've seen his portfolio and his work is pretty damn good. Harlow came to see me on the anniversary to help me out with any and everything. It was currently a Saturday morning and no one was home. I was still trying to figure out how I was going to get out of my living situation. I didn't have enough money for my own apartment and I had no other family to go to. I rubbed my temple when I heard my phone go off.

I'm here
~Chris

I grabbed all my stuff and rushed out the house making sure to lock it up. I opened his car door and got in. He pulled out rapping along to the music that was playing.

"How are you feeling today?" He asked, glancing over at me.

"Surprisingly I feel good" it was a beautiful day and I was able to get out of the house.

"I wanna introduce you to a couple people once we get there," he spoke. I nodded my head before continuing to listen to the music. I pulled my phone out seeing I had text from Bryson

I hate to do this over text but I think we should take a break for awhile
~Bear💙

My heart dropped as I reread the message over and over. I never expected him to pretty much break up with me over text. I had real strong feelings for him and I thought he felt the same. The tears were brewing but I refused to let them fall over him.

So you're breaking up with me?

Jaz you know how strong my feelings are for you but I just need a break from us
~Bear💙

I left him on read and locked my phone. I have no idea what I did wrong, as far as I was concerned we were happy. My whole mood was ruined.

"Jazlyn, you good?" Chris asked. I'm sure he could see the sadness in my face, it tried to hide it.

"Uh yeah I'm fine" I would rather not tell him what just happened. I sent Harlow a quick text before locking my phone back.

"I'm just hoping you don't fuck my tattoo up" I joked. He chuckled.

"Girl bye" he said as we pulled up to his parlor. I looked towards his building 'Royal Ink' .

"How'd you come up with the name?" I asked as we both got out of his car.

"To be honest with you, I was high as fuck and next you know that was the name I had" he said laughing. I smiled, shaking my head at him. I followed close behind him.

"Welcome to- , oh hey boss" the receptionist said, giving him a warm smile. She was very beautiful and she looked really familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Milan, this is Jazlyn," he said, introducing us. I smiled, reaching my hand out.

"It's nice to meet you" she said, taking my hand. I said the same as they got into a small conversation. I looked around his shop and it was very comforting, I loved all the decorations he had.

"Come on Jaz" he said, catching my attention. I followed behind him towards his office I believe.

"Nigga get out of my chair" he said sucking his teeth. I looked in that direction to see a tall guy sitting there with his feet propped up on his desk.