Chapter 03.

JAZLYN

I listened to my monotone English teacher waiting for the bell to ring for lunch. This was the only class I knew nobody in and everyone that is in this class does not talk at all. I tapped my pencil, sighing as I stared at the clock. Just a couple more seconds and I won't have to see this teacher again until Monday. I started packing up my stuff when the bell finally rang. I followed everyone out making my way too my locker.

"Well well hello jazlyn" Iris said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes, putting my books up.

"What you want Iris" believe it or not but Iris used to be really cool with me back in middle school then suddenly she stopped chilling with me.

"You act like I'm your enemy here" she said as her two little 'friends' stood behind her with their arms crossed.

"We don't even like each other, what do you want?" I said looking at her. She smirked as she applied some lip gloss.

"My friend Jordan has been asking about you" hearing his name made me tense up. I hated that guy with a passion. Everything about him disgusted me. I rolled my eyes as I started walking away.

"where's your best friend this time!" I shrugged my shoulders. I could hear her chuckle with her friends as I walked away. She just wasted my time. I walked to lunch to see Harlow sitting at our table on her phone.

"Hey girl" I said, plopping down in front of her. She looked up and smiled but it soon dropped when she saw my expression

"What happened? Somebody I need to handle" I faked a smile. She was always there to fight my battles but I need to stand up for myself without her hovering over to protect me

"Nobody but Iris, it's nothing"

"Jaz-"

"How was your day?" She twisted her lips before deciding to let the conversation change.

"Tell me why" here we go. I chuckled tuning in to listen to her rant about some new tea

The end of the day was finally here and I was more than happy to be out of this hellhole

The end of the day was finally here and I was more than happy to be out of this hellhole. As I was walking the football team passed and bumped me over. Damn just rude. Jordan looked at me with a smile "how's my pussy hoe" I pushed him off me and stormed out the front door. That was so embarrassing in front of everyone. I hate that nigga so much. I walked over to the nearest park not realizing a few tears slipped. I need to woman up because this crying shit ain't it. I took a seat on the bench and closed my eyes.

"8..9...10... here I come" I ducked in the corner as Morgan tried to find me. This was a classic game my sister and I played when our parents weren't home. Something about playing it in the dark makes the game ten times harder. I peeked out the slit and watched as she constantly looked in the same areas that I usually hide at. She started getting closer so I quickly climbed into my parents closets. I scooted back and fell into something.

"Jaz, what are you doing in here, parents room off limits remember" Morgan said helping me out.

"I'm sorry sis" I reached over and picked up the papers I was sitting on.

"What's that" she asked curiously. I shrugged my shoulders as Morgan grabbed them out of my hands and read them. The look on her face showed concern.

"Lemme see, what is it?" I asked trying to look at the paper but she folded it back before I could get a glimpse.

"It's nothing and not our business, let's go"she said motioning to the door.

I always wondered what was on the paper but I believe my mom cleaned it all out so I'm not even sure what my sister saw to make her look as concerned. Speaking of my sister, the day I lost her and my father was coming up around the corner. I sighed trying not to think about it. I pulled out my notebook and started doodling some patterns.

"I figured I might find you out here" I looked up seeing Bryson.

"Hey I thought you had practice?"

"It was cancelled so I was coming to pick you up, I figured you might come here"

"Yeah just trying to clear my head"

"That might take a while since you got a big head" he joked. I sucked my teeth pushing him off me.

"Can we chill today, I don't feel like going home?"

"Yeah of course, we can pick up some food on the way to my house" I smiled grabbing his hand.

"If you keep feeding me like this I might make you my main dude" he mugged me.

"Damn I was the side nigga" I chuckled hopping into the car.

"What did you have a taste for?"

"You" I looked over to see him rubbing his goatee with a smile.

"So I'm guessing sonic"

———————————————————————————

So this is just a filler chapter but I'm hoping you guys are enjoying this story. How do y'all feel about Iris? Share to others and let me know what you guys think is going to happen.

Comments and Votes are appreciated!

-BR££💜