ღ Lasting Lover ღ

A/n: Usually I would credit my inspirations below. So just don't mind me for only one time. This song is a master piece with the best amazing voice you could ever find in this world. Dedicated to our James Authur!!! In this I also added Ubuyashigi Kagaya pov. (You might not care. I just wanted to say.) I will come put in a video I edit for this later because I haven't started but I wanna update this story already (Remind me if I forget). This ship is dedicated to Obanai x Mitsuri. Lots of love for them pls. 

No ones POV

Taisho time flashback 

No one will love a strong girl like you who eats more than a pig who hasn't eaten in like ten years. That hair color too and you self esteem personality is the worst. You have no manners at all, when you talk, eat. I don't want to see your face again. So let's not meet up.

- Kanroji Mitsuri past

Ubuyashigi Kagaya POV

Everyone who comes to be a demon slayer has wrote a letter reason why. But this girl here, has a different path. You are the one that The heavens treasure you most and has given you a great gift. What she has wrote in her note is different than others.

"The reason I joined the demon slayer corps..is to find a lasting lover." 

The girl wrote it in one short pharagarph yet such deep meaning.

May the heavens...grant your wish young child.

Obanai POV

A normal today as I am on my same tree watching around myself. Listening to voices until my eyes wander upon a girl with sakura mochi hair. I haven't been out to see the world for a long time and mostly my whole life. I have hated women for my bloodline only had girls anyway. I am just an unlucky person with bad blood who killed his own family. We never talk or met face to face. I watch her a lot. From the time she practice being Rengoku's successor. I silently observed them without noticing. Her bright smile and hestation in learning, the honesty she brings with nothing behind it. Up to the day I myself also became a hashira to be next to her.

She was the first I met to go see master...

And the last with me to leave this world...

The final battle before the kakushi's could reach us

No one was close to me accept for the only person I never hated and love the most. The building and everyone was almost gone, destory, and broken. Soon it will be me..and I would want to die by getting to have a last talk with the one I love even without looking at her. Her voice is anything I would want to hear beyond this cruel world. Kaburamaru guided me..for the last time. Thank you I whispered weakly. I slowly held her in my arms so I don't give her more pain than she already has.

We sat there in silent as the sun rose up. She spoke up after breathing a few times.

"Before I die can I ask you, that everyone thing I did does it mean anything to you.." Her voice drop down as if she knew the answer.

"I have always liked you but my family is filled with bad blood and I didn't want someone like you to be mix in people like me." Please don't hate me for this. I never meant any of this to happen. If I could..in our next life. I hope we would live a happy life together.

"But I-" She stutter when she heard my words and then started to cough as her breath begin to lose control. "I've been looking for a lasting lover." Those were her last words as I held her in my arm. I'm sorry I couldn't make it up to you in this life...Kanroji Mitsuri.

Present Modern world

At the park

The same girl again standing next to the tree. The famous old tree here in the park use to be the serpant demon slayers hang out place. Could you believe it?Wait..where was I? Oh, Is she waiting for someone? I jogged past her. She's pretty and cute. Everytime I past her she smiles at first but from time to time from spotting she likes to smile at all strangers, but when they leave...she will glance down staring at her hands sadly with a frown.

She really is waiting for someone...but who? I wish I could help her.

As the days went by from a thousand years before..

Taisho era 1912-26

{The gap that is gone in the middle is because they counted it after, in the end of world war 2}

 Heisei era 1989-2019

Reiwa era 2019-2022

(Japanese date)

..until one day

"Iguro-san..." A voice shouted my name with a deep meaning as if it could break down anytime. I turn to look at her, that girl..she knows my name. I only stared to listen to what she says and it made me even shocker. A key word I have always been waiting to hear and it was her I knew I was finding my whole life.

She said "I've been looking for a lasting lover."

A/n: This couple deserved a better life. I was going to make this fluff then did it turn out to angst? I don't know  ¯\_( ͡❛ - ͡❛)_/¯ Have good day everyone. P.s. Don't mind if I wanted to add a piece of lyrics from the song in my story they had a touching momentum so I could stop myself from not going to.😅 Me and music is seriously like a bond that can never be broken. Love you all!