Thunder

A/N: hi everyone! I'd just like to let you all know, that everyone in first year Hogwarts is 12 instead of 11 to make the plot I've planned make sense... is that okay with everyone? Anyway enjoy the chapter 😃.

So far, today had been pretty fun. I was learning spells and earning points for my house. In transfiguration me and Annabeth had a competition about whoever does the spell right first wins, and by doing so me and Annabeth were the first two people to levitate the feather. That didn't impress Granger though as she clearly wanted to be first. I hate to admit it but Annabeth won the competition but at least I was better at her in potions, actually I was better than the whole class... I don't even know how. In just our first day, we had earned 15 points for our house. The day hadn't even ended yet.

At lunch time, we both grabbed a sandwich to eat on the way to the library. A kid with dyslexia? In a library? Don't ask me why, ask Annabeth as I have no answers. I don't know either.

When we arrived, Annabeth took a book from the top shelf.
"See look" Annabeth said pointing at a page which said...

How to become an animagus

For this is very complex, you must be skilled in both transfiguration and potions... if you're not there is a strong chance of something going wrong and some big. You could become half animal half human with NO known cure. Keep these risks on your mind witches and wizards, for I present you with 'how to become an animagus'.

I looked at Annabeth.
"Come on let's keep reading" She said turning her attention to the page.

Step 1: carry a single mandrake leaf in your mouth...
For a whole month, from full moon to full moon you must carry this leaf in your mouth. Spit it out or swallow and the process starts again. You then have to find a 'small crystal phial that receives the pure rays of the moon', put your saliva-filled leaf inside, and add one of your own hairs.

Step 2: Add a silver teaspoon of dew from a place that neither sunlight nor human feet have touched...
for a full seven days... then you must add the chrysalis of a Death's-head Hawk Moth to the crystal phial as well. Then put 'this mixture in a quiet, dark place' and leave it alone until the next electrical storm. And really leave it alone – don't even look at it. Don't even think about looking at it.

Step 4: While waiting for the storm, you must place your wand tip over your heart...

...every sunrise and sundown and speak the following incantation: 'Amato Animo Animato Animagus'. If you keep repeating your incantation, 'there will come a time when, with the touch of the wand-tip to the chest, a second heartbeat may be sensed.' Don't change anything! Keep going. Keep waiting for that storm!

Step 5: As soon as lightning appears in the sky, go to the place where...

...you've hidden your crystal phial. At last! If you've done everything right then you will 'discover a mouthful of blood-red potion inside it.' Then move somewhere where you aren't going to alarm anyone or place yourself in physical danger during your transformation.

Step 6: Place your wand-tip against your heart and speak...

...the incantation 'Amato Animo Animato Animagus' and drink the potion. You will then feel fiery pain – lucky you – and an intense double heartbeat.

Step 7: The shape of the creature into which you will shortly transform will appear...

...in your mind. The instructions then warn: 'You must show no fear/ It is too late now, to escape the change you have willed'.

Final step: When your transformation is complete you are strongly advised to pick up your wand...

...and hide it somewhere safe, so you can find it post-transformation. To return to human form, visualise your human self as clearly as you can. Don't worry if you don't change back immediately, 'with practice, you will be able to slip in and out of your animal form at will, simply by visualising the creature'. Once you're an advanced Animagus, you should be able to transform without your wand.

Me and Annabeth turned and looked at each other, then a wide grin appeared on both of our faces.
"You want to try it?" I asked her.
"Maybe... alright yes" she answered "the next full moon is tomorrow but we're hardly prepared... we can try it on the next full moon".
"Okay" I agreed "I'll make an agreement with you... if I help you with potions, you help me with transfiguration and other subjects".
"Alright" she agreed laughing.
"Well we better get to our first flying lesson" I told Annabeth looking at my imaginary watch.
"Yep" she replied "We're already late!".
We ran to our flying lessons where Madam Hooch was already giving instructions.

"Everyone step to the left side of their broomstick-" she told the class before turning to me and Annabeth "you two are late! Quickly get a broom. If you are late again I'll have to take away house points!".
"Sorry Madam Hooch" We both said.
"Come on now hurry up!" She commanded "stick your right hand over the broom and say up".
Both me and Harry got our broom straight away, he glared at me. We were followed by Annabeth and Draco Malfoy (a boy in my house who thinks he owns the world). When everyone held their brooms Madam hooch told us what to do next.

"Now once you get hold of your broom, I want you to mount it" she told us and we all did what she said "grip it tight, you don't want to be sliding off the end... when I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off the ground hard. Keep your broom steady, hover for a moment then lean forward slightly and touch back down... on my whistle 3 2 1" the whistle was blown and everyone kicked off. Only one boy remained on the ground.

I got a few meters into the air when the once clear, blue sky started to thunder. As soon as I went back down the thunder stopped and Harry said to Weasley "he's a bad luck charm, I swear".

I was about to fly right back to where I was and punch him in the face but I was distracted by seeing a boy go up and up and up and up.
"Come back down this instant!" Madam hooch yelled.

A/N: thank you so much for a 100 reads!

I have a present for all my fabulous readers!🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵Yes! Blue cookies!🍪=❎🍪+🔵=✅

🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵
Yes! Blue cookies!
🍪=
🍪+🔵=