𝟬𝟬𝟭 ━ something is coming

ioh! chapter one
━ something is coming

Julianna sat, leaning her head against the banister, watching her brother and his friends play Dungeons and Dragons. It wasn't strange to see her do this, most days she would supervise the group almost like a worried mother it seemed. But, Julianna realised that she had hardly any source of entertainment and when these boys got together, there was always somewhat something bound to happen to make her smile.

Her brother, Mike Wheeler, who was twelve, four years younger than her, was the 'Dungeon Master'━as he called himself, and de facto leader of their group.

To Julianna, Mike was 'allegedly' optimistic, morally compassionate, and highly committed to his friends, usually going to great lengths to help them. His role as Dungeon Master suggests that he, like, Will is a creative thinker. Out of the four boys, he is the most emotionally open and rather gullible, being willing to accept fantastical explanations behind complex situations.

Lucas Sinclair, also twelve, was playing as a knight. The boy was very small but his loud mouth more than makes up for it. Lucas kept his friend group grounded in the plausible and the pragmatic. Even during fantastical campaigns, Lucas was hesitant when speculating about the more unlikely events and scenarios. His sustained realist approach, even during unfathomable situations, indicated that he took the task of finding incredibly seriously, and was determined to find him.

Despite sometimes putting on a defensive and reactionary shell, Lucas was ultimately sweet-natured and had good interests at heart.

Dustin Henderson was playing as a dwarf. He is the most fearful -and least confident -of the group.

Dustin is an observer and a protector of the unity within the friend group. He frequently resolved the conflicts within the group by drawing their attention to what was going on around them. Dustin is also the most scientifically inclined of the group (despite his love of fantasy) and maybe the most intelligent of the quartet.

And, finally, last but certainly not least, Will Byers was playing as a wizard. He is soft-spoken, gentle, and delicate. Like his friends, he is exceedingly intelligent for his age, having an enthusiasm for science and being a member of their school's AV club. He also displays a lot of the same interests as his friends, such as comics like The X-Men, and films like Ghostbusters.

He was also creative, having a passion for art and writing stories.

However, his interests and social status resulted in him being bullied. This, along with his father's prior poor treatment of him, most likely led to feelings of alienation.

The boys were chaotic but she liked that about them. Mike's friends met her, briefly, around the age of fourteen and they immediately fell in love with her due to their similar interests, much how she and Mike connected.

Pietro was the big star the them all though━he was like a fun uncle, always turning up with random things, 'buying' them new, expensive, mysterious items.

The boys loved him, always ready to see what he would bring next, but Jules knew. Pietro wasn't a bad guy, he just had a nack for stealing things that weren't his━like Mrs Anderson's son's comic books from down the street. The poor kid cried for days until they mysteriously returned in a neat pile on his bed.