𝟬𝟬𝟯 ━ the past

ioh! chapter three
━ the past

Jules was contemplating what to do. There, in her house, sat a girl whom they found in the woods. What had she gotten herself into? The girl was just sat there with Jules' coat on, breathing rather heavily.

She could ask Pietro for help, but he seemed to much of in a trance, staring at the girl they had recently found.

"Is there a number we can call for your parents?" Mike asked, leaning down in front of the scared girl, who sat uncomfortably on the sofa. Julianna held him back slightly, not wanting to make her even more uncomfortable.

"Where's your hair? Did you have cancer?"

Jules gasped at this and hit the boy gently over the top of the head. "Dustin Henderson! You can not say such things!"

Dustin raised his hands up in defense, "It seemed like a plausible reason to why she has no hair!" Jules tilted her head.

Dustin mumbled an apology, before becoming intrigued with his friends. The questions went on and on until the boys started arguing with each other.

"Boys! Would you just leave the poor girl alone, already. Mike, go get her some clothes." Jules ordered him. Mike rolled his eyes but got them anyway. The thunder rumbled and the girl jumped.

Julianna felt sorry for her, she was being paraded with questions by adolescent boys with no filters.

Mike came back with the clothes, he hesitantly gave them to the girl.

The girl stared at the pile for a moment before she took her coat off and started getting undressed. "No, no!"

Pietro was quick to turn his head away as Julianna placed her hands over Lucas and Dustin's eyes.

"oh my god! oh my god!" Dustin and Lucas murmured loudly, shocked at what they have just witnessed. Dustin held onto Jules' hand that was on his face.

"You don't need to change here, sweetheart, " Jules nodded towards the bathroom. The girl followed her head.

"That's the bathroom. Privacy. Get it?" Mike added to what his sister was saying. He guided the girl over to the bathroom.

As he went to shut the door she grabbed it and Mike looked back at her confused. "You don't want the door shut?"

The girl shook her head, "No." This was the first time she had spoken. Lucas and Dustin peeked over her hands, both let out a relieved sigh at the fully dressed girl.

Jules had crept up the stairs to get some food for her. She grabbed one of her favourite chocolate bars and smiled━it may be only small, but she that the girl'll like it.

She headed back down to see that the girl was now dressed and Mike was giving her his sleeping bag. Pietro was giving her additional blankets due to the coldness in the air.

Lucas frowned at the scene, they had no idea who this girl was but they were just going to let her stay here the night anyway. "Jules me and Dustin are gonna head out."