Chapter 4:between the trash bins

"Tommy, can you take the rubbish out?" A kindred high-pitched voice spoke out into the kitchen where Tommy was helping get ingredients ready. He looked up seeing the familiar purple hue of his co-worker, minx. He nodded, standing up from his kneel, closing the drawer, and heading for the back where the trash lay by the door. He hoisted it up into his palms, dragging it over to the backdoor that he had opened with his heel, pushing open the door into the warm afternoon air. It has been a couple of weeks since his encounter with Wilbur and there haven't been many signs of the man in public. He thought that maybe the man had forgotten about the whole encounter. Honestly, he wouldn't have cared either way if Wilbur did remember him. The rats scurried around as Tommy through the rubbish away into the rubbish bin. He felt a presence walking up to him as he wiped his hands of the grease. His breath hitched as he felt a hand on his shoulder, one that turned him around. Wilbur had snuck up to Tommy while he was throwing away the rubbish.

"Hey man! How's a-goin'?" the slightly deep voice whispered into the quiet alleyway. Tommy looked at the man in confusion. What was he doing? It was daylight, and Tommy had to get back to work soon.

"Will? What the fuck are you doing here? I am working you know." Tommy huffed, crossing his arms in confusion. His face contorted into question.

"Cant I come to see my new friend?" this statement left Tommy in complete confusion still.

"Wait, I'm your friend?" Wilbur nodded to Tommy's statement. Tommy was left bewildered. He never thought that a villain like Wilbur would think of him as a friend, he didn't even think he was that great to deserve Wilbur, his idol. It left a happy bubble of feelings in his stomachs, But, being Tommy, of course, he didn't show it. He simply nodded, heading back in the direction of the back door.

"Hey wait! When's your break?" he heard the sound of footsteps running in his direction, stopping him in his tracks as he turned back around to see the man in the trench coat hunched over breathing heavily.

"Jeez man, you're out of breath. My next break is in 3 hours. I mean I do take afternoon shifts so..." he sighed and crossed his arms as the man caught his breath before standing straight. He pushed his hair out of his face before he looked at Tommy with a lopsided smile that he's never seen on the villain before.

"Well, good. I will meet you here at your next break and we're going to get ice cream. See ya later!" he patted the boy's head before jumping away, climbing up the wall, before slipping out of view. Tommy watched with curiosity. Still confused at what just happened. He walked back into the bakery. Surprisingly he was excited to see how this turned out.

________________________________________________________________

Word count: 503

edited