Pre-ceremony

(Art by nkibnj )
Y/n pov

I woke up to a knock on my door and glanced over to mirabels bed to see she wasn't there,she must've woken up already.

"Come in!" I yelled and stuffed my face back into the soft warmth of my pillow.

I heard my door open "get up sleeping beauty! We have to 'set up for Antonio's ceremony' " a familiar deep voice yelled at me,he cleared his throat and I was confused

I looked over at Carlos with a raised brow and he rolled his eyes "just hurry up and don't wear anything super nice"

And with that he left my room

Time skip

I had put on a simple white tank top with some Jean shorts and a black hoodie tied around my waist,it wasn't the best looking but I didn't care

I opened my door to see Carlos who had been waiting,once he saw me he groaned "finally Jesus you take forever"

Then he grabbed my hand and dragged me with him,we went downstairs and passed everyone who was setting up for the ceremony and we went outside,he led me into the forest back towards that flower field we were at the other day.

"Why are we here again?" I questioned

We stopped in the middle of the field and he looked at me "I'm going to help you figure out this new ability of yours,I'm pretty curious about it. Your power seems much cooler than mine,so let's get started- if you would you know..let go of my hand" he glanced down at our hands and then he looked away a little bit of pink on his face

I laughed nervously and my face flushed as I took my hand away "so uh what do we start with??"

He thought for a moment "well what do you think triggered it last time? What were you feeling?"

"I was really sad,really upset" I was thinking back on the moment and I frowned remembering how hurt I was

"Do you want me to try and make you upset again? Just remember that I don't mean any of it" he offered and put his hands in his pockets

I shook my head "no,I don't want to do that"

He nodded "okay that's fine we don't have to,maybe it gets triggered by intense emotions so what's something that makes you have just an overwhelming amount of any emotion?" He made eye contact with me and my heart skipped a beat "w- uhhh- I have no clue"

He walked closer to me,maybe three steps away and he never broke the eye contact "really,nothing? You can't think of anything?" My heart started to race as I tried not to break eye contact,I felt nervous and had no clue why.

"Nope..nothing" we just stared into each other's eyes for a minute and he squinted at me as if he was suspicious of me

A smirk slowly grew on his dumb face and he leaned down to my height his face inches from mine "mind explaining why your slowly turning into a tomato right now?"

My heart was RACING. Why did I feel this way? This is confusing.

"I-it's just hot out or something I-"

"Oh really? Because it's actually pretty cold right now,there's a nice breeze going you know it's not very hot or else I would probably be sweating since my ruana is pretty thick cloth. In fact your shaking and you have goosebumps,do you wanna borrow my ruana? You seem cold." That dumb smirk was plastered on his face and I just wanted to punch him for teasing me.

I swear I was about to punch him when a purple glowing butterfly made of different types of shapes landed right on Carlos's nose,he leaned away from me and crossed his eyes looking at the odd specimen

"A butterfly?...did you make this?"

I was about to answer when one after another started to land on him,there were several and panic started to grow on his face.

I was staring at him stunned in confusion of where they were coming from then he started to yell "y/n! Get them off please! Get them off! I don't like bugs!"

I giggled a little at his fear and then he slowly started to swat at them and he blew them away from him but was careful not to kill them.

Then they started to fly around him and swarm him and he started screaming. then he slowly fell back and fell on the floor,a bunch of flower debris flying into the air as he landed on his bottom.

Then the butterflies started to back away from him and instead they all rested on my head and I burst out laughing.

He looked at me unamused as I caught my breath.

Once I had my breath again I walked over to him and held my hand out to him to help him up,but instead of taking it he rolled his eyes and shoved me away as he got up on his own.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

He stared at me for a minute before looking at the flowers near his feet and he leaned down and picked a daisy and then he came closer to me.

He tucked my hair behind my left ear and he put the flower in my hair,he smiled softly at me.

I felt my face flush red.

Then his smile quickly fell as a butterfly flew in front of his face and he was about to scream again but I put my hand up and it landed on my finger which made his scream pause

"Look it's just a butterfly it can't harm you,it can't even bite you. See?" I moved my hand closer to his face and he took a step back,I smiled at him

Then he stepped back where he was and he looked at it "huh.."

"I mean it could suck your blood like a mosquito if it wanted to-"

"Hey! Don't say that!" He cut me off and I laughed

"It's pretty though isn't it?" I smiled softly admiring the butterfly,then I looked at him and started to admire him.

His freckles and defined facial features. His eyes.

"Yea it's really pretty" as he said that he caught my staring and made eye contact with me and I immediately looked away.

I saw him smile at me in the corner of my eye.

As he was about to say something- "y/n! Carlito! The ceremony will start soon so hurry back!" Abuela yelled and immediately all my butterflies poofed away into dust.

"Well lets go then,and remember. Stick to the deal." He said sort of sternly.

I nodded and then he put his ruana over my head "I think you'll need this more than I do"  he smiled and then grabbed my hand and I smiled to myself as we walked back home.

AUTHOR HERE I HOPE U ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER HEHE I HAD A LOT OF FUN WRITING IT