chapter six

~~

"Woah, jesus christ Beth!" I feel two arms tightly wrapping themselves around me the second I shoot up and sit straight in the king sized bed. "It's okay, it's okay" Harry whispers against my sweaty hot skin, pulling me against his exposed torso. He flicks on a bedside lamp behind him and keeps holding firmly onto me.

His hand continuesly roams up and down my arm as he gently pushes away strands of hair that get in the way.

I force my arms around his broad body, trying to find something to comfort me. I take in a deep breath and hold it in for a few seconds, trying to calm down.

Three...

Two..

One.

I exhale sharply against Harry's chest. I focus on his fingers grazing down my skin, stopping right at my elbow before going back up gently.

"What happend?" He asks soothingly, bulling away from our hug and giving me a clear view of his face. His hair's messily spread all around his head. For once it's been spread in a middle part. It looks good but I get why he wears it with a side part. It just looks odd, but kinda hot in some way too. At least it distracts me from the fucking terrible nightmare I have just woken up from.

"It- it was just a nightmare" I find myself being out of breath more than I thought. I force my hands away from where they're wrapped around him, fidgeting with my own fingers.

"Just a nightmare? Beth, you woke up screaming" He says, looking at me worriedly.

"Oh..." I murmur quietly, not being able to remember doing what he said I did.

"C'mon, it's 5am I'll make you a hot bath so you can calm down. Unless you don't want me to, of course" He says, getting out of the bed and putting on the big light. I pinch my eyes shut at the bright light, giving them a few seconds to adjust.

"Thanks.." I mumble before watching him enter the bathroom and turning on the water, letting it pour down into the bathtub.

We never had a bath back home, I only ever went in one when I was with my grandparents in Italy. They have this pretty luxurious house with a pool in the backyard. It's really pretty. But unfortunately we lost contact with them when the SI took over the whole town.

My grandparents were the absolute sweetest human beings. My grandmother was the only one in the family with very light blond hair. She was a little taller and a couple years younger than my grandfather.

Me and Luke would stay in Italy with them every summer for at least two weeks. Back then, at my age, everything about their home looked so intimidating. I'd love to revisit them now and give them a long hug to make up for all the years that I haven't been able to do that. I wouldn't exactly say that they're rich, but they had money. More than my parents ever shared.

I get out of bed, noticing how clammy my skin actually is as I almost feel the blankets stick to my body. I head over to the kitchen, grabbing a glass and pouring myself a glass of water, swallowing it almost at once.

I walk over to the bathroom, entering the small space and observing Harry as he lays down two towels and all types of different soaps. "Just one question, though.." He starts as he stands up and adjusts the grey sweatpants that hang dangerously low on his hips, "do you want me to get in with you? Cause I could just put on a swimming trunk" He adds.

"Nah.. I'll be alright on my own I think, thanks for doing this" I smile softly at him, reassuringly before stepping aside and letting him leave the room. He pats my head gently before shutting the door behind him, leaving my hair messily spread on top of my head.