chapter twenty-one

Harry Styles

Luckily I knew where we had to go. We all have a hotel for the night. The streets are empty and dark. Beth's been half asleep the entire time but I know she'll decline if you ask. I didn't ask her any questions or force her to talk about it, she didn't seem to have her thought in place and I totally get that.

Tomorrow we'll hopefully head to Manchester. I parked the car right at the front of the hotel. It's low on gas but I'm hoping I can drive it to Manchester with Beth. I'll just have to get past a gasstation while we're on the road.

Pushing through the big doors, the guys are already waiting for us at the front desk. Beth leaves my side and walks into the arms of Nyssa. The dark girl wraps her arms tightly around her. She looks like she needed the comfort and I feel bad for not having hugged her.

"Where the hell have you guys been?" Niall say, laying a hand on my back. "I'll explain it in the room, got the keys?" I say. He nods and we all follow him to the elevators. I break away from Niall and meet Luke a little behind. He's still struggling to walk but it's getting a little better.

"What happend?" He asks and we turn the corner. "His men found us. Actually met that bastard for the first time today." I explain. "He was actually kinda nice to us. I also stole something from him, I'll show you later"

We enter the elevator and Niall leads us to our room. Apparently it's a room for four, so it'll be me, Beth, Niall and Luke. Then on the other end of the hallway are Louis, Liam Michael, Calum and Nyssa. Luke said they planned it like that because their room had more open space for an extra bed so that's why they're with five.

I launch myself onto the bed, the soft mattress moving under my body. Beth sits down quietly beside me and I put a hand on her thigh. I sit up and face her. "Can you come with me for a sec?" I ask and she nods, standing up and following me to the bathroom.

"What's up?" She asks, voice raspy and dry. She sits down on the toilet seat. I squad down in front of her, "are you okay?". "I don't know, I don't even wanna think about it right now"

"I know, Beth. But that wasn't the only thing that happend today, was it?" I carefully bring my hand up to her throat. My fingers gaze over the tender skin. There are some darker spots where Zayn's fingers left a mark.

She closes her eyes and a tear rolls down her cheek. I'm not sure if it's pain or tiredness causing her to cry. I feel a sudden urge to fix it- her. Make her feel better, make her smile. She deserves to be happy. I bring my hand to her back and gently pull her in for a hug. I sit down on the floor fully and she slowly slides of the toilet, sitting down on my lap as her head rests in my neck.

My hand rubs her back, going under her shirt to feel her bare skin. I use my other hand to reach for a drawer, see if anything is in there. I spot a towel neatly folded on the top drawer under the sink. I grab it and make it wet before pressing it carefully to her neck. She flinches slightly at the sudden cold but relaxes after a couple of seconds.

I use my thumb to push her head up and force her to look at me. Her eyes switch back and forth between my two eyes while mine go up and down from her eyes to her lips and back.

I remove my hand from under her shirt and cup her face, bringing it closer to mine. I gently attach my lips to hers and kiss her slowly. Her hand fiddles with my shirt in between our bodies. I pull away and wipe her tears away with my finger. I plant a small kiss on her forehead before pulling her back against me, making sure she's comfortable and giving her the time to process everything.

--

That night when Beth was fast asleep in our bed, I met up with all of the boys back in the restaurant downstairs. I'm pretty sure it's like 5am, so I don't think I can actually call it night. We're sat around a fancy fireplace, funny enough it still sort of gives warmth even though it's literally fake. I have a hot coffee cooling off in front of me to keep me awake.