Book I: The Assembly of Armies

Sing, Goddess, sing of the rage of Achilles, son of Peleus that murderous anger which condemned Saderans to countless agonies and threw many warrior souls deep into Hades, leaving their dead bodies carrion food for dogs and birds all in fulfillment of the will of Zeus.

Start at the point where Zorzal, son of Molt, that prince of Sadera, invaded our realm and brought war to both Greeks and Trojans. Which gods brought these foul barbarians to face the noblest heroes?

No god of heavenly Olympus would dare. Nor any of their kin who reside deep below in the underworld. Nor even the Titans who are banished to Tartarus, ever watched. Who then deemed to disturb this decade of war?

Hardy.

She who is not of this world, opened the gate so that her chosen might fight a new enemy. For in her world, with gods not of Olympus, a tyrannical empire swept all rivals in a storm of war capable of glutting Ares with blood. Bored was the goddess who in her realm took Hades's place. Peace was ever tiring to a cruel goddess like herself, for it brought few to her realm except old and sick.

So Hardy, the cruel temptress, made a visit to Sadera where Molt, Emperor of all, and his son, Zorzal, who thought himself mighty.

"Mightiest of Emperors, and god-like prince," she said, "no more in this world can you conquer. Seek it elsewhere where I might lead you to great plunder and power. Raise your armies, and I shall open a gate, not opened for many centuries, so you may conquer this new world."

The prince, Zorzal, glowed with pleasure and said, "Praise to you, Lady Hardy, who feeds from our conquest. I will raise a force two hundred thousand strong and bring your glory through those who will die and fill your halls."

Two months the prince spent training men to conquer Hardy's gift. While he worked, Hardy consulted her peers and told them of her plan. They glared, for all despised this cruel goddess, and Emroy especially hated her in spite of their deathly connection.

Emroy, who had the bloodlust of Ares, told the goddess, "Foolish lout! Do you not see that I have decreed this peace so that mortals might recover from the endless wars which fill your halls with innocent men and women. Fiend! I cannot understand your insatiable hunger as even I, goddess of war, know that conflict cannot be eternal."

And so Hardy replied, "Of all our siblings, you brother are the one to detest me? My goals are yours. Do not pretend that you do not receive pleasure from the conquests my plan shall cause. It matters not what you think now. Zorzal marches an army, and my powers will forge a gate like those of centuries past. You cannot stop me."

The gods knew this to be true, for Hardy's plan had been enacted, and she could not be undone. Emroy turned from her and left in a maddened rage. The other gods voiced their displeasures but knew Hardy's course was set. They too retreated from this cruel goddess to leave her machinations developing unopposed.

So it came to fruition, Hardy's vile plan. The son of Molt led his army of two hundred thousand to where the goddess divined. On Alnus Hill a gate sat, from the mortar of Hardy's power and brick of white marble. Crystals gleamed so that all were awed by its majesty. Laying inside awaited her esteemed promise which would fulfill the goddesses's extraordinary bloodlust that even Ares could not match.

Zorzal, who imagined himself god-like prince of Sadera, pointed forth and said, "Witness the boon of Lady Hardy, men of Sadera! Witness and rejoice conquest which nears with every step! This world has seen our might, and so Hardy grants allowing expansion into the new. Kill, sons of Sadera, and do not hold back the spear point from its mark for we are servants of the underworld, and we must fill its halls by our slaughtering."

They rejoiced this prince, the soldiers of Sadera clad in armor of iron with spears of oak. Some would shout, "To victory, god-like prince! Lead us!" as the wiser whispered, "But who does Hardy send us to kill?"