PARTNER? MORE LIKE A BRAT

"WHAT?!" You widened your eyes and blinked twice to confirm who you saw. You couldn't believe that the goddess of luck hates you so much that she made you bump into this guy over and over in just a few days.

You, the girl sitting in the first row, who was looking at him with an unbelieving face, caught Leona's attention, either. He seemed not to expect to see you here, again. "Huh? Herbivore?"

Seeing the reactions of you two, Crewel smiled and rejoiced, "Oh, seems like you two have already known each other." He then turned back to the board to continue the instructions of the following experiment, "It'd be good for two friends to finish the task for today, together."

You were still complaining in your mind about how unlucky you were until you heard the word "friend" from Crewel. "I assure you we are no friends, sensei." You looked up from the table and exclaimed. The last thing you want is to be called a friend of that rude lion.

"Uhh... complicated, the two of you." Crewel sighed, "But I don't care! Leona, take your seat! We're running out of time!" Crewel turned back to the board and wrote the last line with the magic choke before he could even finish his words.

Leona walked to the bench with his hands in his pockets, without any haste. He then pulled out the wooden chair placed under the table and sit down next to you.

"So, it's you again." Leona leaned to the table and toyed with the test tubes hung on the rack. "Are you seriously so into me, that you have to follow me everywhere I go?"

You couldn't help rolling your eyes when you heard the ridiculous words he had said. "Well, Kingscholar, I assure you I have N, O, NO interest in you. And I am definitely not following you!"

The junior leaned back a bit and yawned. "Hhaaahh... boring. If so, just shut up and don't bother my sleep." He said, crossing his arms on the bench and burying his head into them.

"How could you-" you couldn't even form a complete sentence when you heard him snoring after a few seconds he decided to sleep. What about the "helpful junior partner" Crewel had promised?!

"Now put on your goggles, and follow the instructions to finish the task. Start!" Crewel didn't wait for you to figure out what you should do with the junior. You looked at the blackboard, and then at your book. Today's task is to make a size-changing potion. You used to study science subjects back in your original high school, and you scored quite high marks in the exams. But alchemy and potionology are a far cry from that science stuff you had learnt. You thought it would be something like chemistry, but it turns out to be another level.

You looked at the lion who was in his deep sleep. You do not have much time left before the lesson end, so you better start it as soon as possible. You put on the goggles, full of uncertainty about the next move, though, and picked up a tube of pink liquid from the rack, like what the book was instructing. After adding some herbal into the cauldron, you continued to grab different ingredients like unicorn fur and lavender and put them into the pot. Smoke came out from the cauldron once the ingredients were added, which scared you a bit.

Blue smoke, green smoke, orange smoke, you had seen almost seen all the colours from the rainbow coming out from the pot after putting several ingredients into it, but the liquid in the cauldron still remains black. You were required to make poison with a wine red colour, but you couldn't successfully produce one, even though you had followed all the instructions Crewel had given.

You scratched the back of your head and tried to figure out where the problem was, but with your weak basis of potionology, it was impossible for you to tackle it alone. You had thought of seeking help from the Heartslabyul duo sitting behind you, but after seeing the confusion on their faces, you threw the idea to the back of your head without even asking. You looked at the pot of unknown dark liquid in front of you, facepalmed, "God, Crewel is gonna peel my skin off."