too late

~

The Lynx's tears dripped down onto the paper that contained the heartfelt words of the letter.

Eiji Okumura's words.

Those tears were a representation of not just the pain but also, the inevitable relief that the blonde haired boy felt in that very moment, as his emerald green eyes made their way across the letter. Every single word written on that page was engraved in his mind and his heart as he reminisced every special moment he shared with the boy that he had grown to love so deeply.

The blood just kept flowing, droplets on the floor of the library where the Lynx sat, awaiting the moment that the light would leave his eyes and everlasting sleep would take over. He was awaiting the moment where his eyes would close once and for all, where he can dream forever about the one person who ever showed him unconditional, imperturbable love. At least in his dreams, there was nobody trying to steal the raven haired boy away from him.

At least there, Eiji was safe.

At least there, they could be happy, together.

"Eiji..."

His voice was barely a whisper as he read the final words on the page, the paper that was stained with his blood and tears.

My soul is always with you.

~

Eiji couldn't help but search around with sad eyes, clinging on to the hope that he would see the blonde haired boy again. He hoped he would read his letter, and understand that no matter what would happen, he would always remain by his side.

You're not alone. I am with you.

Those were the words that Eiji had written down on that letter and he meant them with all of his being.

Please come Ash, please...

That was all he could think in his brain as the others waved their goodbyes to the raven haired boy.

Please Ash.

Time was running out and he would leave for Japan, who knows if he would ever see Ash again?

Go to him.

That's what his brain was screaming at him.

There was no proper goodbye between the two of them, they were violently torn away from one another, and now here he was, ready to leave. Ready to leave without saying a single meaningful goodbye.

No. It can't end like this.

Ash wasn't coming. So he would go to him.

Eiji looked down at his legs with furrowed brows, tears pricking his eyes. He was weak still from the shooting, seated on the wheelchair.

But no... He had to see Ash. He had to.

Eiji pushed himself up, using all of the strength in his arms.

Ibe was waving at the others and didn't notice the raven-haired boy standing on his wobbling legs.

He needed to use his strength.

"Eiji!" Ibe called out as he turned to see the boy stumbling away, clutching his abdomen, weakly making his way towards the exit.

The others called after him as well. Sing ran up to Ibe who was about to go after Eiji and grabbed his shoulder.

"I'll go with him. He needs to see him, Ibe-san... he needs to." Sing said in a hushed voice.

Sing made his way to the stumbling boy, immediately wrapping his arm around his waist to support him. Eiji looked at him with teary eyes, a sparkle of gratitude in his brown irises.