01

BEDROOM - NIGHT

Prunaprismia screamed as she gave birth. Her baby was placed in her arms and she hugged her newborn child.

Glozelle walked outside to where Miraz was looking out the window and said, "Lord Miraz, you have a son."

"The heavens have blessed us," Miraz replied. "You know your orders, General Glozelle."

"Yes, my lord."

HALLWAY

A Telmarine solder paced the hallway. A cloaked figure quietly snuck into a bedroom and pulled the drapes away.

CASPIAN'S BEDCHAMBERS

A figure placed their hand over Caspian's mouth and his eyes shot open. He instantly relaxed, seeing Cornelius. "Five more minutes," he muttered.

Cornelius shook his head. "You won't be watching the stars tonight, my prince. Come, we must hurry."

He pulled Caspian from his bed and to the wardrobe in the corner of my room. "Professor, what is going on?"

"Your aunt has given birth... to a son," he informed.

Cornelius hid in the wardrobe and Caspian followed. He left the door open a crack, so he could see what was going on. Glozelle and his men surrounded Caspian's bed and started firing arrows before they saw that the bed was empty.

Seeing a chance of escape, Cornelius and Caspian ran down a winding staircase. Caspian grabbed a sword and climbed onto his horse, Destier. "You must make for the woods."

"The woods?" Caspian repeated.

Doctor Cornelius nodded. "They won't follow you there."

He handed Caspian a wrapped object. "It has taken me many years to find it. Do not use it except at your greatest need."

"Will I ever see you again?" Caspian asked in a strained voice.

"I hope so, my dear prince. There is so much I meant to tell you. Everything you know is about to change."

They heard something and Doctor Cornelius yelled, "Now go!"

Caspian rode off through the courtyard and accidentally knocked over a soldier. He crossed the bridge and glanced back, seeing fireworks celebrating the birth of his cousin.

A Telmariner crier said, "Prunaprismia has blessed Lord Miraz with a son!"

The Telmarine soldiers on horses pursued Caspian. He rode into the woods and didn't hear them.

Glozelle entered the woods, but the others hesitated, staring up at the trees. Glozelle rode back to them and asked, "Which of you superstitious old women would like to spend the night in a cell?"

Eventually, they entered the woods, and Caspian crossed a river. One of the soldiers was washed away in the water. Caspian glanced back, but didn't see them. As soon as he faced forward, he hit a tree branch and was knocked off of his horse. Caspian was dragged through the leaves due to his foot being caught in the stirrup. Caspian managed to release his foot after a struggle and laid on the ground for awhile before sitting up. A door opened up and a couple dwarves stepped out.

"He has seen us!" Nikabrik cried.

Trumpkin drew his sword and ran towards Caspian. He saw the horn and stopped. He looked over and saw the Telmarine soldiers coming. He looked back at his friend. "Take care of him!"

He rushed towards the Telmarines with his sword drawn. Caspian grabbed the horn and blew it. Nikabrik hit him unconscious.

OUR WORLD