Dimples

*takes place in sixth year

Simon POV

I've never seen Baz smile. Or laugh. Genuinely. I mean, sure I've seen him do his evil laugh after spewing a nasty insult my way or pushing me down the stairs, but I've never seen him genuinely smile. This thought dawned on me earlier today in class when I was thinking (Not a good idea, usually) about the fact that Baz never seems to actually hang out with anybody (that I know of) except Dev and Niall (bloody wankers if you ask me), and that thought led me to come to the conclusion that Baz must be too busy plotting my demise to have any actual fun.

I walk into our room to see Baz spread out on his bed, reading a book. I make my way over to my bed and sit down. For some reason, my eyes seem to drift over to Baz's face, studying it. He looked calm, unprotected while his grey eyes with hues of blue (not that I stare at them) swiftly survey the pages in front of him.

"Need something, Snow?"

The sudden noise brought me back from wherever my mind was, and I realised I had probably been staring for a long time, far longer than acceptable, definitely. He seemed to notice i was taking a long time to answer, so he cocked his eyebrow at me and smirked (I hate it when he does that)

"Like what you see, Snow? Or are you having trouble forming words, as usual." He was still smirking, I hated it.

Baz POV

Snow has been staring at me for what feels like hours. I think I'm blushing. Am I able to blush? I'm not sure, but if I'm able to, I am. I first felt his gaze almost five minutes ago. I only said something because I felt that if he stared at me for any longer, I might have done something I would've regretted. He hasn't answered yet, not even attempting to form words. Finally, he seems to snap out of his trance and regain some confidence.

"Maybe I do."

At that moment, I, Tyrannus Basilton Grimm-Pitch; am left speechless.

Well, I'm surely blushing now.

Simon POV

Why did I say that?

WHY DID I SAY THAT???

Wait.

Is Baz blushing?

Baz POV

Oh. My. God.

Did he mean that?

Neither of us have said anything. We've just been staring at each other for what seems like an eternity.

Suddenly, he stands and starts moving towards me. I have no idea what he's doing, I don't think he knows what he's doing.

Simon POV

I don't know what I'm doing. I'm not thinking, I'm just moving.

Baz POV

He's really close to me. Inches away.

I don't know what to do. I think I might kiss him, despite the fact that I've dedicated years of my life to making sure I don't let on any hint of the fact that I'm hopelessly in love with him.

I don't know what to do, so I start speaking.

"Simon..."

Then, he kisses me.

Simon POV

I don't know why I did that, but now that I'm doing it, I have no regrets. Baz has such soft lips, and it feels like fireworks are going off. I think that maybe i've always wanted this. 

When we finally break apart, Baz has the biggest smile I've ever seen him smile plastered on his face.  That's when I noticed something.  Baz has dimples. It's strange, I've never thought anything about Baz was cute before, and now that I have the opportunity to see them, I want to kiss his dimples.

So I do. And many more kisses were shared that night.

I don't know about Baz, but I've never been more grateful for not thinking.