Chapter 9

That night
The air was tight. Now that everyone knew, no-one knew what to do.

I entered the rooftop as I found him there, standing. "Haruto...?" I asked as I took small steps towards him.

He turned to look at me as his eyes switched colors from purple to jet black. "Haneul? What are you doing here?" He asked.

I didn't say anything as I stood beside him. I didn't have anything to say to him. I didn't know what I was doing there either.

I could feel him looking at me as I stared right at the forest in front of us.

I should be afraid. I had a ghost standing beside me and God knows what was in that forest in front of me.

I moved closer, and slid my fingers between his. His hands were cold compared to mine and in the cold night, it sent shivers through my body.

He tightened the grip against mine, assuring me.

"Haneul... I am really sorry for that day."

"Well I'm the one who slammed into that wall myself so..." I laughed nervously.

"Are you scared of me?" He asked, scaring me that I almost fell if the rooftop in my head.

"No." I lied.

Silence.

"A bit." I admitted.

"I can't possibly hurt you." He said.

"Why?" I asked, later cringing at myself for how stupid that sounded.

"You know why. "

"Why?" I repeated stupidly, wanting him to say it.

"You know what this means." He said holding up his hand with my fingers intertwined with his.

I blushed. Ha. The ghost likes me.

"Did it hurt?... Dying?" I asked.

"Out of all the questions in this world, you ask me that?"

"I mean... "

" No... I don't remember... I fell asleep because of the medicine and the next thing I know, I wake up in our class... It felt as if it is a dream. But people couldn't see me. I was invisible. Until you guys came."

" So..."

" So..." He repeated.

" Nothing. I like how this feels." I said looking at our hands.

" Your hands are warm." He said.
" Yours are cold." I laughed.

" Are you feeling cold?" He asked.
" No I like the cold." I said.

After a few minutes of awkward yet cute joking around, I finally told him what I had originally wanted to say.

" The guys aren't angry at you... They're just disappointed you didn't tell them earlier... But they'll come around. Half of them are already on your side you know..."

" The other half?"

" They'll come around. It isn't your fault."

" I'll apologise to Yedam, Mashiho and Junghwan for what I did."

" Yeah... I think you should. They'll accept it. Don't worry Haruto."

" Thank you for believing in my Haneul."

I smiled up at him. I will always believe you.

===
{Short chapter because the author is currently cringing at her own writing. I'll be right back.}

.
.
.
{ Yup, definitely still cringing.
" I will always believe you" *blech*
See you later.}