30.0- the one with when

date: december 1st, 2022

location: Fairfax, Virginia

jack and corbyn have been together for a year, six months, and a week.

thirty-four weeks.

<3<3<3

jack is waiting at the airport for his family to get off of the plane, smiling wide as he sees everyone, greeting with warm embraces, bursting with excitement of the news him and corbyn have to share.

his parents, sisters, and dezi pile into the car, getting comfortable for the hour drive out to their new house, where corbyn and his family are finishing the christmas decorating. yes, they decorate on the first of the month.

"dad?"

jack looks over to his daughter who's in the passenger seat, his 15 year old. how these past almost two years have gone by. he smiles softly, nodding for her to continue.

"well- I have a boyfriend."

"what? honey that's amazing, i'm proud of you."

"oh my god good, literally everyone knows besides you- sorry, I was a little scared to tell you."

"hun, you don't need to be scared to tell me things like that, and I love you very much. though i am a bit sad to be last to know, I would never be disappointed in you."

they share a smile, dezi nodding as relief washes over her.

they arrive at the house shortly, jack helping unpack the car and bring everyone's luggage inside, wandering upstairs to find his lover, his boy, his forever.

he smiles when he sees his lover in the bath, relaxing as he should be.

"baby love, how long has dezi had a boyfriend?"

"she told you? finally, only four months or so, there's nothing to worry about he's very nice. luke, that she's in choir with."

"really? good, i didn't want it to be some cocky jock."

"you were a cocky jock."

"exactly, I know how they think."

"mm, guess that's true. so, ready to tell everyone?"

"you're the one in the bath, love."

corbyn smiles, letting jack help him out and get dressed, practically waddling down the stairs to greet everyone, jack following close behind to make sure he's okay and doesn't need any rest breaks from standing and walking around too much.

"can we please know when baby is supposed to be here? i'm dying to know!"

ashley spoke into the multiple conversations happening in the living room.

"well...."

and then everyone erupts into questions, guesses, and "i know she'll be here on this day."

"okay okay!" corbyn laughs.

he looks over and grabs jacks hand, nervous to tell the news to everyone. heart pounding and letting jack be the one to break the news.

"last month we had a call with our doctor to deter me what day will be best for corbyn and the baby for this surgery to happen, and it's part of the reason we wanted everyone to be together for the entirety of the month, as well as christmas and new years."

corbyn smiles small to himself, seeing that in reality, no one was angry. no one was upset. easy smiles were on everyone's faces.

he squeezes jacks hand, looking at his lover with kind, endearing eyes.

"the baby will be here on..."

...

anyways!

.