𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

why me?

why me?

"I guess we don't have much of a choice," Neva says. I nod my head.

"We need to win," Amari continues, showing her competitive side, "or else we die, I'm assuming."

Tyler, leaning on the wall, half slides to the floor. Lotus shoots them a pitying look, then joins her.

Just as I'm about to deliver a rousing speech (yep, totally), a short woman — shorter even than me, though not by much — shuffles in from a door that blinks in and out of existence. She's fidgeting with a hat, rolling it between their hands, and he won't meet any of our gazes.

"Um, Mistress Del- I mean the Mad Hatter—" she looks up in distress— "would like, no, demands you to move into the next chamber," they finally manage. "Dammit, Haiden, get over yourself," he continues to herself in an undertone.

They look over at me, makes eye contact, and rather quickly regrets it. He turns around, snapping her fingers twice. An archway grows behind Lotus, who almost topples backwards, but he rights himself in time. Tyler scrambles up from the floor, eyes wide.

"Not possible, not possible, not possible," Carmen's muttering to themself as his eyebrows reach for the ceiling.

"Anything is possible here, sweetheart," the Mad Hatter's voice comes crystal-clear from nowhere-to-be-seen speakers. I can hear the barely contained glee in her voice. What a sicko.

"Hurry now, through the door," says the woman with the hat and pocket watch. They shoo me into the doorway and nearly push Simon.

I step inside, a floor and soon entire room materializes around me. When I turn back, the arch is shrinking, then disappears. What the fuck?

Neva taps my shoulder and points at the opposite wall. There are three doorways, each a different color and with a different insignia.

The first: red with a large metal flame; the second: blue with a silver wave; and the third: green with a nasty crocodile. It seems to remind me of something, but I can't place it and shake it off.

"Riddle time!" the Mad Hatter laughs. She must be holding a microphone, because as she picks it up, I hear her fake nails clatter against the polished surface. I shiver in disgust.

"There are three doorways in front of you, each hiding something dangerous. The first door, the red one, contains an ever-lasting fire that will burn you all to a crisp. The second door, the blue one, harbors the deepest ocean, which is sure to drown you. And the third, final door, the green one, opens into a swamp containing crocodiles that have not eaten in over two weeks.

"There is only one correct answer, and no tricks are necessary to survive. You have five minutes. Which door do you choose?"

My brain's already fried, but I can see Carmen's and Lotus' thinking wheels engaging.

"I've never been good at puzzles," Amari announces, "so I guess I'll die."

"Shut up," Carmen snaps, "I'm trying to think!"

aster.

SO YALL, WHATS THE ANSWER??
FIRST INTERACTIVE ASSIGNMENT
YAY ( only for those whose OCs are
in this,, sorry! and no looking it
up >:( ) and sorry for the kinda 
short chapter ;w;

SO YALL, WHATS THE ANSWER?? FIRST INTERACTIVE ASSIGNMENTYAY ( only for those whose OCs are in this,, sorry! and no looking it up >:( ) and sorry for the kinda short chapter ;w;