six.

"Well, I have to say, that was a wonderful meal

"Well, I have to say, that was a wonderful meal. I don't know why I don't come over often." He said with a chuckle.

"Well, we enjoy your company here, and you are welcomed whenever." Hermione said with a smile. She was glad he came, his presence helped her stay strong for just a few more days.

"Indeed, my love, indeed. Now tell me Severus, why is a bachelor such as yourself have no... bachelorette?" Lucius asked with a grin. Severus glared at him.

"Lucius, don't do that he's..."

"No that's all right Hermione. I can assure you Lucius that I have no plans on falling in love. I have fallen twice but never was lucky enough to succeed." He grimaced as Lucius laughed.

"Please do tell who you fancied. Becau-"

"Excuse me, um... Master? The Minister of magic wishes to speak with you." Stickles said while playing with his pillowcase dress he wore. Lucius sighed and nodded his head.

"Very well then. I shall be one moment." He kissed Hermione on the forehead and called over his shoulder, "Dont go far Severus, we have a lot of catching up to do my dear friend." Severus chuckled.

"Indeed." As he departed the room, Hermione downed the rest of her wine.

"Would you like some more?" She asked as she refilled her glass. Severus waved his hand.

"No, I think ive had enough for one night." She looked at him and smirked, "okay, just one more." He said as she filled up his glass. He took a sip and sat back in his chair. He looked around him and saw that since the last time he came here, it had been redecorated. There were chandeliers made of an emerald diamond hanging from every corner of the room. Their was a large painting of Lucius and Hermione hanging above the grand cobblestone fireplace. He stood up and walked over to it. "This is quite impressive." He hadn't known she followed him until they were hip to hip.

"Yes, yes it is." She said sadly. "That was painted for us four years ago, although it feels as if it were yesterday." She sighed and gazed at the painting. A twinkle of pain and sadness fluttered in her warm brown eyes. He turned to her.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" She turned to him and a tear escaped her eyes and slowly slid down her face.

"Yes. Oh god yes I am sure." She choked out, quickly wiping madly at her tears. She laughed, "God, im sorry. I never act like this, its just..."

"You don't have to explain, i know." She smiled warmly at him.

"Thank you." He nodded his head. He shoved his hands in his pockets and felt something cold and small hit his fingertips. He clutched to small, cold, metal object and identified it as Hermione's ring. He pulled it out and held it in his hand, Palm up in front of her. She gasped and clutched her neck. "Oh, you found it!" She smiled at him.