eight.

It had been three days since she had seen Lucius

It had been three days since she had seen Lucius. She was never sure if he returned home or not for it was always late and she would have been asleep. She spent her days cleaning and chatting with Stickles. A part of her couldn't wait to leave and was glad he wasn't around, but that little part that still harbored affection for the man worried where he was. As she paced the floors every night wondering, she began to pack.

She packed little things, not wanting to over pack, let alone pack things to remind her of her misfortune she had endorsed while married to this man. She packed a few cloaks and robes, her flats, sleeping gowns, and little trinkets she kept close from her chilhood before her marriage. She wanted to be ready. Within her time of waiting she had put a lot of thought into what she was doing. She knew it was wrong of her to leave this way, but if he weren't ever so controlling, she was sure things would have worked out differently.

As she prepared for bed after minimizing her trunk of belongings and placing it in her bag, she decided that tomorrow she would get out of the God forsaken manor and go to Madame Rosmerita's for some tea, just to get her mind off of the whole ordeal. She crawled under the sheets of the bed and nestled into her pillow. As she was just about to fall asleep, she heard a noise.

She grabbed her wand off the side of the counter. "Lumos" she said in a steady tone. She watched the door intently as she heard movement from outside of it. Just as she was about to throw a hex, the door opened to reveal her 'husband'. She lowered her wand and glared at him. He just sighed and came into the room. Hermione put her wand on the nightstand and turned over on her side as he undressed and got into the bed next to her. It felt strange to her, that side of the bed had been empty and cold for a few days, only to be warmed once more by someone she hated. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her tight to his chest. He burried his nose in her hair and inhaled deeply.

"Where have you been?" She asked through gritted teeth. He sighed and pulled away.

"I went and stayed at Draco's. Visiting my son." He said with a shrug. She turned over quickly and faced him with a glare.

"And you didnt wish to tell your wife where you ran off to!?" She said with a snarl. She turned away from him as tears threatened her eyes. He put a hand on her shoulder and turned her back to him, engulfing her in a sweet kiss. As he kissed her he rolled over until he was above her, working his hands down her waist and to her thighs. She pushed him back and broke the kiss. "I will not pleasure the man who ran off and told me nothing about his whereabouts!" She moved out from under him and got out of bed. As she proceeded to the bathroom she heard him chuckle.

"Thats why i fell in love with a lioness like you." She scoffed and slammed the door to the bathroom and ran a long relaxing bath, escaping that horrid of a man.