4: A Promise and A Problem [Week 1]

A/N: Thank you so much to all of you who gave this fic a shot; but more importantly, those of you who stayed. Thanks to all my friends as well who have supported me like crazy for the past few amazing days. This chapter was actually two that I put together - realizing that my fourth chapter was just dead terrible, and so I tried to salvage the first part of it. Thank you so much to monibelliveau for being so amazingly kind to me! I still have so much to improve on, but everything you guys say just pushes me to be better! Adieu and enjoy~

The boys had become inseparable friends. After passing the Judges’ House rounds – in which made Liam cry endlessly for nights out of joy – they were finally moving into the X Factor house. They were guided to their room, gazing in amazement at the other contestants wandering the halls. They had come to join them; they were now in the running to win X Factor.

“You ready, guys?” Liam asked, reaching out for the doorknob. The others fidgeted in excitement. Liam opened the door to the room.

Everyone froze at the door, their mouths hung open; the room was almost smaller than the room they stayed in together in Harry’s stepdad’s bungalow. They walked inside and looked at the two bunk beds and the lone bed in another corner.

“What is this?!” Harry exclaimed, almost laughing at the size.

“They must have thought ‘Let’s put the five boys in the smallest room, that’d be funny’,” Liam joked, mocking a manager.

“This place is tiny!” Harry complained again.

“No, Harry. Look! You see that corner there? There seems to be some free space there!” Louis over-exaggeratedly joked, pointing to a corner of the room. The boys giggled – Niall especially.

“Really? I don’t see it,” Niall added on, making the boys laugh a little louder.

“Well…” Louis dragged out, “Got-”

“GOT DIBS ON TOP BUNK!” Louis, Harry and Niall screamed out, but Louis and Niall were noticeably faster than Harry. They high fived and laughed at Harry, who pouted.

“Well, fine, then. I’ll take this bunk with Louis,” Harry sighed, walking towards the bunk on the left side of the room.

“Then I’ll take this one with Niall?” Liam said as a statement, but it sounded more like a question. Niall nodded, “Sure.”

“Then I guess Zayn gets his own bed!” Louis said, beaming a smile at Zayn. Zayn nodded politely and the boys laughed.

“I bet he sure is happy about that,” Harry commented.

“I don’t mind trading with you, Harry,” Zayn offered.

Just before Harry was about to speak, Louis immediately covered his mouth which made Harry burst out into silenced laughter. “Of course Hazza doesn’t want to trade! He wants to be below me, don’t ya, Haz?” Louis insisted, screaming. Louis’ overreaction made all the boys laugh.

Harry could barely breathe; he was laughing so much and his attempts to claw off Louis’ hand had no effect. He could not get himself to say something audible, so he just nodded and held out a ‘thumbs up’. Satisfied, Louis released him. Just as he was out of Louis’ grasp, Harry quickly ran towards the bunk’s ladder and he started climbing. Louis realised what Harry was doing, so he grabbed onto his legs and tugged on them.

“NO, HARRY!” Louis shouted. “I GET THE TOP BUNK!” The other boys ran towards Harry to pry him off the ladder. With free hands, Louis tossed his bag onto the top bunk and climbed up the side of the bed.

“No, Louis! I have to have it!” Harry yelled back. Louis got onto the bed crawled towards Harry and smiled smugly at him.

“Hello, Harry,” Louis greeted the boy under assault.