5: Watch Your King; Checkmate [Week 2]

A/N: Hello lads! This is already the longest chapter... and it's not even the full one I wrote. I broke this up into two seperate chapters because I thought it was too much longer than my usual. But that means I'll be updating again very soon! I also wanted to ask if you guys could let me know if you're reading this, if you could add this to a Reading List or even just message me that'll be really nice! It might say 600 reads but I know only a handful of you are actually following the story :P Sorry for the late update, btw. I'll try to keep up faster. And thanks to FallingForYou21 for being my first Wattpad friend. Adieu and enjoy~

The second week of live shows was coming up, and Simon was deciding on the song this week. After suggesting to the boys ‘My Life Would Suck Without You’ by Kelly Clarkson, the boys agreed with no hesitation. They loved the song, and Louis found it funny how coincidentally significant it was regarding his and Harry’s last tiff.

“Soundcheck is today, yeah?” Liam reminded the boys, who were waking up to get changed.

“Where’s Lou?” Harry half-yawned, being the last to get up. Niall and Zayn scanned the miniscule room and only then realised that Louis wasn’t there. Liam shook his head, internally laughing about how unobservant the boys were.

“He went down early. I’m not sure why, but he was already awake and ready at seven. I woke up when he left the room,” Liam told them, fixing on a belt.

“What? At seven? Our soundcheck’s at two, we could’ve woken up at noon,” Zayn questioned, walking up to the mirror on the wall, checking his hair.

“Not everyone’s as lazy as you, Zaynie,” Niall laughed, buttoning up all the buttons on his polo shirt, as he usually did.

“Ha ha, and whose clothes are all over the floor?” Zayn shot back, making Niall slightly embarrassed. It was true; if the room wasn’t small enough, it sure was now. Mountains and hills of their clothes piled up in every corner, hugging the walls.

“It’s not just me. Louis’s so messy as well!” Niall protected himself, pointing at Louis’ Mount Monochrome. “I don’t know why he keeps wearing grey and brown clothes. He’s such a rainbow,” Niall mindless commented, making the other boys laugh.

The door squeaked open slowly and was left ajar; from the other side, Louis’ voice was heard. “Alright, sweetie. I think the boys are all up now, I heard them discussing my clothing choice.” Louis seemed to be speaking to someone, but the last bit he said out loud so that the boys could hear it. “I miss you too. Yes, I need to go. Bye!” The door swung open to show a cheeky-looking Louis.

“Good morning, was that Hannah?” Liam asked, smiling at him. Harry’s expression sunk a little when he realised what that meant – had he been up all morning just to talk to his girlfriend.

“Yes, it was. But-” Louis took a step forward, placing his hands on his hips. “I heard I might be a little too dull, hmm?” He glared at Niall. The mischief playing in his voice made the boys all start to grin.

“But he also said you were a rainbow,” Harry snickered. Louis laughed when he looked over at Harry, but he soon realized that Harry had gotten nowhere near ready.

“Harold Styles!” Louis suddenly cried out, Harry jumped in shock.

“What? What did I do?” he looked at everyone, utterly confused. The other boys simply shrugged; they didn’t understand Louis either.

“Are your pyjamas too comfortable, or would you need some help getting out of them?” Harry looked down at himself, finally understanding what he was talking about. The other boys noticed too, Niall completely cracked up.