Chapter twelve

Emma

"You know what I could really go for right now?" I asked while strolling the streets of Barcelona with Jakob by my side.

The tall gorgeous buildings with intricate details towered up around us giving ourselves and the people mingling about a nice shade from the scorching hot Spanish sun.

We were just passing the famous Passeig de Gracià, when he pulled me into his side and growled in my ear, "I know what I could eat right now."

He followed that bold statement with a bite on my earlobe. Goosebumps immediately broke out on my arms and sent a chill down my spine. And it was definitely not because of the temperatures down here. It was HOT outside today. Well, really all the time.

I tried to swallow and regain my composure. The God-like creature with the mouth of a devil walking next to me did not make it easy.

I swatted at his arm, while he just looked at me mischievously.

"Focus! I got a craving and I need it satisfied."

As soon as the words were out of my mouth, I could hear how it sounded and quickly gave Jakob a look that said, 'shut it!'

Hopefully.

The smirk on his face couldn't be mistaken. His mind was elsewhere already, or maybe it never really left. And who could really blame him?

Since we arrived yesterday morning in the Catalonian capital, we've been pretty busy getting busy, if you know what I mean. It had been roughly six weeks since we last saw each other in Berlin, so we had some time to make up for. And made up for it we had.

Also, when I said we, I meant me, Jakob and his friends. Apparently, they had planned a trip to Barcelona for quite some time and my youngster whatever-he-is asked if I didn't want to join them.

It took some planning and back and forth with Amalia before I accepted his offer. I wasn't sure if it was such a good idea to go away during the summer holidays and away from my kids when they also were on holiday from school. But Martin reassured me that it wouldn't be a problem since he would like to take the kids away for a trip with his girlfriend.

It was like all the stars were aligned and all I had to do was say yes.

And Jakob said on multiple occasions that there would be plenty of times for us to be together. Just the two of us without his friends. He just had to shoot the occasional content for their profiles but nothing major.

And with the promise of hot steamy sex on the horizon it was pretty hard to say no. I mean, I travelled all the time for work but for some reason this time just felt differently.

"So, what is it that you crave, Emma? Besides the obvious," Jakob asked, throwing his arm over my shoulder while chuckling to himself.

"You're impossible," I laughed right along with him.

People were bustling along on the sidewalk enjoying the summertime in the heart of Barcelona. Or perhaps a little outside of the city. That was the great thing about this city. The water was so close to the city. You practically had everything you desired more or less within walking distance.

"You're pretty," Jakob growled in my ear slowing his walk considerably, "and I can't get enough of you."

I stopped short at that and looked straight at him. He was practically smouldering. His eyes were full of lust and heat. Add this to the fact that he was wearing loose basketball shorts, a tank top showing off his amazing arms, topped off with a baseball cap on backwards. I mean, it just hit differently.