the beginning

"Bye Robin, see you tomorrow." Maggie yells back to her boss as she stuffs her bag full of cookies and other unbought food from the day.

'When you work at Panera bread you always wanna work closing shift' Maggie says which has basically turned into her catch phrase.

She's not stealing the left overs if your wondering, they just can't use the same ones the next day so what's ever left over at the end of the day is free game. So all them cookies, bread, bagels, bags of mac n cheese, muffies, etc. Is basically a free for all and Maggie being the only one left besides robin and the baker is more than happy to take them all.

Its like in school when the teacher says there's no assigned seats but everyone has a unspoken assigned seat that only their allowed to sit in, yeah its like that buts its unspoken between all the staff that Maggie is assigned the left overs.

"Bye maggs! Don't work yourself too hard! Oh! And when you leave make a big scene, say something like 'man im so glad to go home now that Panera's closed' so those old ladies don't come in" Robin yells in response.

"Yeah, yeah. Bye um...cook" Maggie said looking at the 30 year old baker as he just blankly stares back at her before turning around and walking out the back, " 'bye Maggie have a nice day and see you tomorrow!' 'You too baker dude!' " she mutters having the conversation by herself

No body knows the bakers name he just shows up and does his work never talking to anyone and always having  air pods in, but for some reason all the workers in the back fawn over him- well except Maggie- when ever he comes in there's like a game of telephone going around of 'he's here' and 'its him'

But she can't deny he makes good cookies.

Walking out the doors she makes it quickly to her beat up Nissan to get out of the night cold.

"Time to get home and eat some cookies!" She squealed excitedly pulling out of the parking lot.

She got home in record time and carried all the bags filled with pastries and cookies to her small apartment and opening the door.

Hurrying straight to the kitchen she sets the food down and distributes them into the cabinets, "okay, 6 mega cookies, 7 loads of bread, 27 bagels, and 3bags of mac n cheese along with other things. Perfect that means I don't have to go grocery shopping for the week!"

Saving money was what Maggie prided herself on after her living on her own since her parents left 3 years ago she's learned money doesn't grow on trees.

She ate in silence the only noise and form of entertainment was the couple living next to her as they yell at each other about anything, this time was penny wanting to move to Florida and never come back.

Sighing as she got up and made her way to her bedroom and practically throwing herself onto her bed forgetting to take her phone out of her pocket and put it on the charger.

When she wakes up she would have wished she stayed at work.