Meeting the Living Dead

"Hello?" Zorro said as he put the phone to his ear.

"Hey kid I'm watching your every move, so always watch your back and also this is just the beginning of a massive war so be ready. You may want to check up on your little girlfriend." Said a male's voice that was harsh and angry. Then the male hung up. Zorro fumbled with his phone trying to bring Ashes's number up, he clicked the call button and waited but the call went to voicemail.

"Damit, c'mon Ashes pick up." Zorro growled at the voicemail. Zorro grabbed his jacket and took off down the stairs.

"I'll be back later ok?"

"But you only just got home."

"But this is urgent!"

"Fine go." Farah said as she walked away from the back door.

"Love you and don't wait for me to get home ok?"

"Whatever."

Zorro ran out the back yard and jumped over the fence, he slipped but got back his footing and started to sprint towards Ashes's house. Zorro looked up at a steep hill.

"God I hate you at the moment Ashes." Zorro thought to himself, he took off up the hill, by the time he reached the top his legs were aching and he was panting heavily. His phone vibrated in his pocket and he pulled it out and quickly scanned through a text from Ashes.

"Ok she's still alive, that a good thing" Zorro said to himself and it gave him a small energy boost, Zorro took off down the hill and tripped a couple of times, the first he took off some skin on his knees then the second time he stumbled and rolled half way down the hill, taking skin off his back, his knees, his hands, his shoulder and his stomach. Zorro get back up on his feet and went into a fast jog because of the pain he couldn't go any faster without the pain kicking back through his body cause him to stop and waste more time. Once Zorro reached street Ashes said she lived on, Zorro went to the back ally way and ran down the number of houses. He found a large metal fence that Ashes had told him about, he scaled it with bleeding hands and ran to the back door. He bolted up the stairs two at a time and flung open the door open and barged into Ashes's room.

"Ashes! Where are you?!" Zorro quickly scanned the room and found a slight trail of blood running from the cupboard by the bed.

"Please don't be you Ashes" Zorro whispered to the cupboard and opened the door and looked down to see Ashes laying crumpled in a ball with a rather large, sharp looking Butcher knife resting on her open palm and a small pool of blood formed around the blade. Zorro picked Ashes up and placed her on the bed then turned around to close the cupboard doors when he looked down and saw the blood dripping from one of the selves forming a rather large pool at his feet. Zorro tried to see if anything was up there but just as he pulled his head over the shelf to look Ashes coughed and cried out in pain.

"Ashes?!" Zorro cried as he saw her laying on her stomach, her face covered by the pillows "Are you ok?" He asked running over.

"Yea I'm fine." Ashes grumbled.

"Are you sure? You look really beaten up."

"I said i'm fine." Ashes' voice was fuzzy and muffled because of the pillows over her head. Zorro walked over and rubbed her back. Zorro made Ashes sit up and the first thing she did was wipe her mouth with her sleeve of her jacket, then she turned and flipped over the pillow where her face had been.

"Are you sure you're ok?" Zorro said still rubbing her back trying to calm her down.

"I said I'm fine!" Ashes yelled then instantly after she cringed up holding her rids.