Chapter Three- The letter

Dear Clarence,

I'm just gonna be honest: this place sucks. I've only been here two days, but it's so boring and dreary. 

All the shops are completely useless- like "Haunted Puppet Dolls" and "Coffin rentals" on the corner. There's at least one pub on every street and they're always full. I thought we were poor, but turns out Dreamland is even sadder than Bankruptia. 

There's this princess here too. Her name is Bean, and I guess she's all right, but I haven't seen much of her, or her weird pets. She insists that one is her pet cat, but I know she's lying. Sometimes I see anguished souls in his eye. He's terrifying. 

The other is an elf that the king keeps around for his blood. Apparently it's some sort of 'elixir of life' that needs elf blood. He's always off being experimented on, so I barely see him. 

I miss home. I miss the local bar and splashing around in the creek on the edge of town. I miss diving into the fountain to look for coins and trinkets; the stories we'd write together; the woods we'd forage for mushrooms in. 

I miss you.

Hopefully, it will be like dad said. Only staying a couple weeks. Then I'll be back home, and I wont have to worry about politics and money and Dreamland. 

Life will go back to the way it was three years ago. 

Hopefully.

Until then, I'll try to deal. After all, it could be a lot worse.

Sincerely,

 (Y/N) (L/N)

(A/N): Sorry this chapter was short. The next will probably be longer.