Chapter four- Bonding?

It had been three days since you arrived in Dreamland, four counting today. Your (e/c) eyes fluttered open gingerly. You arms waved around to find the edges of the mattress.

Pulling yourself up into a sitting position, you scanned the room. 

The nightstand was exactly how you left it; the long, violet curtains were still drawn tightly against the window; the bookcase remained untouched; on the desk, a letter was waiting to be collected and sent to Bankruptia; the beautiful woman still stared solemnly from her portrait.

Everything was the same as last night. 

"I don't know what I expected, to be honest." You muttered to yourself groggily.

You heaved out of bed, feet thumping on the cold stone floor. 

"That bed still feels like a granite slab," you decided, treading to the unpacked bag that still lay at the foot of the bed. You dragged out your (f/c) tunic and some black trousers, as well as some additional accessories.

Getting changed gave you some time to think. You thought again about Clarence and your home. How you missed the simpler aspects of Bankruptia. You thought of the long, hot summer days that entailed both nothing and everything. You thought of how much you missed it.

When you were fully dressed and had thrown your pyjamas into the wicker laundry basket that sat by the door, you had already decided not to mention Bankruptia to yourself again. Not while you were here. 

You lifted one of the curtains. The sunlight burned your eyes in contrast to the dimly light room. Shielding your vision from the sunbeams, you squinted at the church tower. Ten crows smashed into the bell. "Huh. I'm up early." You remarked. 

Slipping some shoes on, you tugged at the door. It swung open ominously, revealing a lonely corridor. 

When you found your way- finally- down to the dining hall, you saw a large barren table surrounded by chairs. You glanced across the room. Nobody to be found. You were completely alone. Except Bean. You snapped your head back towards her. She was sitting on a particularly worn oak chair leant against the wall. A silver flask was gripped tightly in her hand, containing what you only could assume to be alcohol, and she was wearing her iconic blue tunic paired with slim brown trousers. 

"Um, hey.." you greeted awkwardly, shuffling forward.

As you stepped closer, you saw she was accompanied by her strange cat-thing on her shoulder, and the elf- sitting on the chair next to her, though his height made him hard to notice. 

"Hey," she said, taking another swig of her flask. She blew a strand of messy white hair out of her face.

You could have sworn you heard the shadow-like creature- luci, was it?- mutter something along the lines of "Ugh, not this guy again..", but you decided not to pay it any notice. You weren't that dislikable, right? 

"So, um..." you began awkwardly, "Got any plans?"

There hadn't been plans since your arrival. Not yesterday, or the day before that, or the day before that. It felt like you brought about boring wherever you went. 

She took another sip before answering, "Not unless drinking counts as a plan,"

"Well... know any good bars..?" 

This time, you were almost certain there was another muffled reply from Luci: "Does he know when to stop?", but despite your hurt feelings, you again decided not to respond. 

The three bunched together, whispering. Soon, they broke apart again. 

"Alright. I'll show you around town," the princess decided.

Later, you were sitting in a pub, surrounded by clamouring patrons. Loud chatter filled the room. On the stool besides you, a tipsy Bean was facing you, laughing.