Chapter 9: Way to Collect the Ancient Powers(5)

Cale entered the palace's gate with light steps when Eric already finished talking with Neo Tolls. He was followed by Amir, Eric, and Gilbert behind him.

He didn't ask Raon to record everything since his hyung-nim already puts a recording device somewhere near the gate because Cale requested it. It's not like he doesn't want to put Raon to use but he rather Alver had the recording himself.

“Young master Cale-nim of Count Henituse’s household is entering the hall!”

Cale could hear the servant shout out Eric, Gilbert, and Amir’s names as well as he walked into the hall.

Everything is still the same as the previous timeline. Cale subconsciously smiled. His hyung-nim really listened to him and kept everything the same.

Cale went towards his seat without caring about the eyes that were focused on him. Pure disgust was printed on their face. However, Cale just ignored them and immediately sat on his seat.

Why should he care about them anyway? He knew that soon after those eyes will be looking up if they wanted to look at him.

Cale is no arrogant person but if someone tried to show him who was the boss, he will make sure to be the one.

"Ignore them, young master Cale."

Gilbert Chetter who was sitting next to Cale patted Cale's shoulder to bring his attention away from those people. It's not like his attention was on them in the first place anyway.

"They're just shocked to see that young master Cale is the one who attending this important event instead of Bassen Henituse."

Cale only glanced at Gilbert and then shifted his eyes toward the alcohol. It was no longer appetizing, unlike the previous timeline. His mind was filled with war and everything, he can no longer focus on his surrounding as his thoughts slowly became a mess.

Even Alver Crossman entered the hall, Cale failed to realize.

He only snapped from his thoughts when Taylor Sten and Kage entered the hall. Their entrance was as dramatic as the previous timeline with all eyes on them also Venion's shocked face.

What a satisfying sight to see. Cale never got tired of watching the expression that Venion was making.

As soon as his hyung-nim greeted Taylor and Kage and placed their seat at the same table as his, Cale glanced at Alver who was also looking at him. He only took his gaze away from Cale when the nobles greeted him.

"Cale, we will greet the crown prince after this. Remember to be still and quiet, okay? Let us handle everything."

Cale nodded his head and then continued enjoying his meals while feeding the black dragon stealthily. He noticed that his meals were different than the others. There were also some cookies given to him. Maybe his hyung-nim prepared this special for him.

'How thoughtful,' Cale thought as he munched the cookies slowly. He also didn't forget to feed the dragon the cookies.

When he saw that Amir, Eric, and Gilbert already stood up from their seat, Cale was also doing so. Cale looked at them and then nodded his head.

"Shall we go?"

Cale stood behind the three nobles and headed up the platform to meet with the crown prince.

"Oh, our Northeastern nobles!"

Alver Crossman, the crown prince welcomed the four of them with a bright smile. His smile became even brighter as soon as his eyes laid on Cale.

"I'm really happy to see all four of you were doing well."

Alver went towards Eric and then greeted him just like in the previous timeline. Cale could only shake his head slowly whenever Alver used his glib tongue.