chapter 3

Hades's POV

Closing my eyes I swallowed my embarrassment. "what took you so long?" Stephen asked as soon as I climbed inside the car. My mind which was still in the state of shame couldn't process his words. He took the cup from my hands before sipping. His face morphed into one of distaste when he swallowed his drink.

"I told you to bring me an American latte. Why did you brought a black coffee instead?" I snatched the cup from his hand before downing the whole coffee in on go. It was bitter to say the least but at least it would quit Stephen's complaining. My throat burned from the aftertaste of the drink.

"What the-" he stopped before taking the cup from my hand. He tilted it, checking if I really drink the rest or there was some. "You literally drank black coffee in one gulp" he scoffed. I only glared at him, he rolled the window down and lifted the cup but before he could throw it, I took it from his hand and placed it on the cup holder on my side.

"Hades you're so fucking strange right now, what happened?" my mind reeled back to the first ever conversation I had with Ivory. I've been looking at her from the window of the café she works at, not gaining any confidence to actually walk up to her and talk to her. It's been like this for more than a year now, with me standing there looking at her while she has no idea that I exist.

"Ivory happened" I breathed. I couldn't believe I really talked to her, even though I was mess but at least I talked to her.

"What?" Stephen has no idea what I'm dealing with.

"Ivory took my order and I fucking slipped"

Stephen started laughing, "You slipped while the girl you like was watching you" my eyes glared at him.

"no you fucking idiot. I am talking metaphorically" I sighed, there's no point in talking to him, he doesn't even know what I'm saying half of the time.

"So you mean you didn't actually slipped but you slipped" his face was scrunched into confusion. Ignoring him I focused on the road ahead of me.

I was proud for talking to her even at the expense of my humiliation. It's been a year and three months when I first saw her. Dancing in the rain with a blue dress clinging to her body, her smile was the first thing I noticed. Sharp canines and straight front teeth, her lips were curled into a beautiful smile that shadowed the brightest of the lights.

Next was her hair, as she twirled in the small puddle of water. A white ribbon tied at the back of her head with two pieces of hair, the hairstyle has seen many ages but somehow, on her it looked like it was made for her. The white ribbon is a constant accessory that I see in her hair.

I was awestruck, the moment my eyes fell on her my life changed. Ivory was a breath of fresh air in a room with closed windows and doors, her aura makes even the grumpiest people look back and smile at her.

I saw the girl that made my heart beat faster than a jet. It was awesome the feeling I felt when I saw her was nothing compared to the happiness I ever felt in my short span of eighteen years.

"What's it like to feel like being whipped?" my reverie broke by my 'hilarious' best friend. He wiggled his eyebrows at me.

"fuck off" I replied before taking a sharp turn, my apartment was only a little away from the café Ivory works at which made my daily dose of staring at her all the more easy.

"No seriously. I could've never imagined you- you out of all people- to stammer while giving an order. A wrong order, in fact" he laughed. I closed my for a few seconds to not bash his face on the dash board.

"Why don't you do me a favor and shut up, or do you like getting punched in your face. I can help you with that" I glared at him but that obnoxious hyena was nowhere near stopping.