chapter 4 (unedited)

Ivory's POV

The cafe was bustling with people as it was a weekend. Many new faces greeted me while ordering their drinks and some familiar smiles as well, the day was hectic but it somehow helped with the stress brewing in my mind. It's been three days since my dad came home. He's out in search of a new job and every time I try to call him his phone goes straight to the voicemail. I don't know what to do or how to contact my dad, he told me he'll be back in a week but it's too long. We've never been apart for such a large amount of time.

"Whats the reason behind all this scowling?" Sarah sneaked up to me. I closed my eyes before clutching my hand to my heart, she really scared me. I swilled around to face her, Sarah has her black hair pinned back with some pieces framing her face. She was the typical beautiful girl that doesn't need to do much to look pretty.

"Nothing, I just zoned out" I dismissed her with my hand and a soft smile. She copied my expression and placed her hand on my shoulder before squeezing it gently. Of course, she knows that something is wrong with me, Soul-sister and all that.

"Whatever it is, it will be all right" she smiled and tapped my back two times before taking the order I just prepared. I saw her as she walked away with a little jump to her feet and finally placed the drink In front of a small girl with Golden hair. Every single table inside the cafe was filled, people talking and laughing with their friends and family. It was nice to hear happy sounds, it feels me with hope that there's still some good in everything.

As I scanned the place with my eyes, I noticed a little boy sitting all by himself on the far corner of the left side. Alfred's have this corner where you can get papers and pens in different colors to write some theories, stories or memories that you want to share with people. The idea was solely for a old man who visited the cafe until the day he died, Sam. Gillian told me about how He would always take a tissue and write some beautiful words to the woman sitting across from him, his wife. when. I always found that tissue, tucked under the saucer of his coffee cup and stick it on the wall in the corner.

Nobody knew that it was Sam who wrote the pretty lines for his wife. They simply read them as quotes from a book or some makeup lines, a hopeless romantic wrote. That made their curiosity strike up and slowly many people started to stick their tissues with similar things written on them, some wrote confessions without naming anyone and some wrote their darkest secrets.

It was all so overwhelming, the wall was almost filled with tissues that it looked bad with the interior, so, Gillian thought of the paper and pen idea. That's how the wall of journal was made.

I looked at the boy as he plucked out a pink colored sheet and looked around when his eyes found mine, he quickly placed the sheet back inside the stack and pulled a blue one instead. He also pull out the same color pen from the holder and wrote something on the square paper before sticking it on the lower edge of the wall. I don't have any idea what he wrote and i will not peek but the little guy was out in the world to discover something beautiful enough to change his life.

I smiled when his eyes meet mine, they were scared and reluctant. he averted his gaze from me before going back to where his family was sitting. my eyes traveled the whole cafeteria and landed on a guy sitting in the middle with a book covering his face. he wouldn't have stand out so much if it wasn't for his book being upside down, my curiosity piqued when I saw him peeking from above the book.

a small smile grazed my lips when he noticed my stare and ducked behind the book, shaking my head i turned around to make a cup of coffee for myself. I was pressing the powder when a throat cleared behind me, twisting my neck enough to see who it was. I found a very beautiful familiar man standing before the counter, I also noticed the Kite runner in his hands, the same book the guy in the middle was holding and when I peeked a look to the table, my suspense was confirmed.

"Lord of the underworld, how may I help you" I asked him through a small smile. he momentarily froze before once again clearing his throat. "ughh...can I have a-" I cut him off, "a black coffee?" my eyes twinkled with mirth when he nodded his head.

"yea-yeah....a black coffee" I raised my two fingers to give him a salute before turning back around to start making his beverage. I was exceptionally good at making black coffee as many people prefers it in the morning before work.

"in a carry cup?" he once again nodded. when I was done with the coffee I poured the black liquid in the cup and topped it of with the lid, writing his name along with a small crown, I gave him his cup.

"enjoy, Hades" I smiled, his eyes stopped on my lips. feeling a little selfconsious I folded my bottom lip inside my mouth, tucking it under my teeth. his eyes snapped to mine in a small second, my eyes slowly widened when I saw red hue peeking from beneath his skin. his cheeks turned the slightest of red and my mind awed at his cuteness.

"than-thanks, you too lo- I mean Ivory" he pursed his lips before turning around, I saw the deepest of dimple on his cheek and my internal swoon was brought back to life.

once he was out of the doors, Sarah approached me. "what was that?" she asked, her hands occupied with three trays, how does she manage to balance them?

"what was what?" I asked, actually confused. she placed the trays on the counter before standing in front of me.

"what was a Greek god doing here, on earth?" i giggled, shaking my head, I flicked her forehead.

"more like a God of underworld, his name is Hades. fitting, right?" Sarah sighed dreamily, i couldn't help but laugh at her antics.

"don't forget you've got yourself a very charming boyfriend" i reminded her while still laughing at her awestruck look.

"take him, i am happy, living in the depths of despair" she dramatically threw her hand over her forehead and the other stretching towards the doors like she was waiting for the guy to come back and take her.

"wow, its only been a week since you started dating and you're already trying to replace him. poor Elijah." her hand dropped for her forehead.

"just because i'm in a relationship doesn't mean that i cant appreciate beauty" a snort left my nose. dramatic pig.

"alright, tell that to Elijah" she narrowed her eyes at me before flipping me off.

"you better keep your trap shut, angel." i once again laughed as she went back to pick up trays and place orders on the tables. the rest of my working hours were spent making drinks and looking at people writing stuff on the wall of journal, some people caught my attention from their choice of colors while other's emotions kept me guessing what they were writing.

it was a fun day to say the least.

---------------

Hello my lovelies,

I hope you were waiting for the next update on Ivory and Black. i've been having some personal issues, so i wont be regular with the updates. i really hope you understand.

Also, tell me what was the weirdest experience you have ever had?

Mine was when I told my crush that I like him and he told me same to you before going back to talking to his friends, like what I said was simply a compliment.

I hope you like the chapter.

please vote and comment❤

until next time