Epilogue

The Forgiveness

. . .

One year later. I was cleaning the room, reflecting on the past year. It had been a long journey of healing for both Ethan and me. Alam kong pareho kaming nagdaan sa mabibigat na pagsubok, at kung parehong wasak ang puso namin, hindi kami makakatulong sa isa't isa.

As I wiped the dust from the shelves and organized the clutter, I couldn’t help but think about how much had changed. Naalala ko ang mga gabi na gising ako, nag-iisip kung paano ko maibabalik ang tiwala ni Ethan.

I knew I couldn’t rush the process. Ayoko ng mabilisang solusyon. Every step had to be careful and deliberate. I wanted to ensure that when we both moved on from the past, we would be mature enough to face the future together.

There were moments when doubt crept in, questioning if we were truly meant to be. Pero sa kabila ng lahat, hindi ko maiwasang maniwala na may pag-asa pa kami. I felt that every tear and every sleepless night would be worth it in the end.

Cleaning the room became more than just a chore; it was a metaphor for our journey. Nililinis ko ang bawat sulok, tinatanggal ang alikabok ng nakaraan. It was a process of letting go and making space for new memories to come.

Sometimes, I would find something that reminded me of the happier times. Mga litrato namin ni Ethan, mga regalo namin sa isa't isa. They were reminders of what we once had and what we were striving to regain.

Rebuilding trust was like rebuilding a house. Hindi pwede ang shortcuts. Every brick, every beam had to be placed with care. Every apology, every promise, needed to be sincere and unwavering.

There were days when I saw progress, when Ethan would smile a little more or laugh a little louder. May mga araw naman na tila walang pinagbago, at parang bumabalik kami sa umpisa. It was a dance of two steps forward, one step back.

But I never gave up. Hindi ko kayang sumuko, hindi sa kanya, hindi sa amin. I believed in our love and its power to heal us both. I believed that one day, the wounds would turn into scars, and those scars would become our strength.

Standing there, looking at the room now clean and organized, I felt a sense of accomplishment. Hindi lang ito tungkol sa paglilinis ng kwarto. It was about taking control of my life, of our life together.

The journey was far from over, but every day was a step closer to where we wanted to be. At sa bawat hakbang, alam kong kasama ko si Ethan. We were both healing, and we were doing it together.

After Ethan’s ex-fiancé Marco died, it took him eight long months to begin moving on. Hindi ako nagmadali. I was immature before, making impulsive decisions that hurt us both. Now, I knew better. My priority was to see Ethan free from his pain, even if it meant putting my own happiness on hold.

As I cleaned, I stumbled upon an old journal hidden in the back of my closet. Flipping through its pages, I realized it was filled with unsent letters from Ethan. Mga liham na isinulat niya noong panahon na... kami pang dalawa.

I found one letter that particularly stood out. It was filled with Ethan's deepest feelings for me, written during a time when our love was still pure and untouched by betrayal.

His words were a poignant reminder of what we had once shared and what I had recklessly shattered.

Dear Terrence,