The Unknown Child

Third Person POV:

"The Academy. In the past, this institute was the Hidden Leaf's training center for shinobi. Hopefuls underwent rigorous training here."

"However, the peace and stability of our modern world have brought about big changes. Today, a general studies curriculum is offered alongside the ninjutsu program. The Academy's become a scholastic facility where the next generation can explore many fields of study.

"Alright! This is  gonna be the place where I make my mark on the world!" Y/n, Boruto, Denki, and Shikadai are heading to the Academy as Boruto returns from his two-week suspension.

"Are you an idiot?" Shikadai turns to Boruto, "You just got done with the two-week suspension the Academy gave you, remember?!"

Y/n also looks at Boruto as he frowns a bit. "Everyone has been gossiping about you. So maybe you should keep a low profile."

"Listen..." Boruto walks to Y/n as he put his hands on Y/n's shoulder. "What's done is done. I can't go worrying about all that."

"Looks like he's gonna learn the hard way," Y/n commented as they catch up to Boruto. "Hey, wait up!"

They went into their classroom as Boruto turns to everyone. "Good morning, everybody! My name's Boruto Uzumaki ya know! It's nice to meet all of you!"

"...Didn't I say to-?" Y/n tilted his head as Shikadai shook his head. "Hey, Y/n. Which one is my desk?" Boruto asks.

"You can pretty much sit anywhere." Y/n answers. "Oh, so that's how it works!" Boruto smiles as they walk to a spot.

"Hey, you guys. How's it going?" Boruto greeted some of the classmates as they started to whisper at one another.

They sat down as Y/n was between Shikadai and Boruto as Denki was closer to the end of the row. "This is so much better than being stuck at home with my mom." Boruto sighs as Y/n chuckles.

"That was entertaining." Y/n chuckles as Denki was confused. "What? Your mom?"

"She forced Boruto to study non-stop over the last two weeks," Y/n explains as Boruto sighs. "But what more is that she wouldn't let me hang out with you as you were playing with Himawari."

"How come he wasn't punished after what he did?" Denki and Y/n can hear a group of boys talking in the upper corner of the class.

"I mean, he kinda was..." One of the boys scratches his head. "But that wasn't just some silly prank." The second kid interjects, "If that train car had landed in town, it has been a disaster."

"You saying that there's a cover-up?" The third kid guessed. "Shh! He can hear you." The first kid hushed.

'...They're too weak for me to think about it.' Y/n turn to see Boruto putting his head up. "Oh! Uhh..." Denki tries to figure out what to say as Shikadai was unbothered by it, "Ignore them."

"Don't worry, I am." Boruto smiles, "They can say whatever they want about me, I don't care!"

"Well, okay then..." Shikadai shrugs his shoulder. "Look at that!" Boruto gasps, "Forgot my textbook!"

"Boruto..." Y/n raised an eyebrow. "It's your first day!"

"Hey! Share your book with me, Y/n." Boruto suggested. Y/n giggles as he got close to Boruto.

Boruto and some students watching were caught off by the closeness of the two. Boruto was even blushing a little.

"In your dreams." Y/n answers as he pulls away. Boruto was blinking before pouting, "Oh c'mon now, don't be like that!"