|| Meant to Be Yours ||

____

AU: None

Type: Yandere! Monokuma x Reader angst

Song: Meant to Be Yours from Heathers: The Musical (The oneshot will be inspired by just the song, this isn't a Heathers AU or anything lol)

Warnings: Angst, yandere behavior, violence, suicide

Reader: Gender-neutral

Word count: 2,407

__

Guide:

(Y/n)=(Your/name)

(s/c)=(skin/colour)

____

3rd Person P.O.V.

Monokuma watched the cameras, scrunching his nose in aversion. He watched as all of the students on the island either chatted happily amongst their friends or were off on their own, somewhat at ease now that there hadn't been a murder in more than a week. All of the hope radiating off of them annoyed Monokuma,  but nothing annoyed him more at the moment than Ibuki Mioda. 

The musician chatted away happily to his (Y/n). The two seemed to be quite close to one another. Best friends probably, but Monokuma feared it could become something greater. He stared at (Y/n)'s face on the cameras as he contemplated his next move. Finally, he decided what to do next. 

Monokuma stood from his wicker chair, shoving past his younger sister, Monomi, as he headed towards the door. "Watch the cameras," Monokuma instructed her. Monomi quickly recovered from Monokuma's rough shove, standing up straight and fixing up her skirt. 

"Where d-do you think you're going?" Monomi stammered. She froze when Monokuma walked over to her with a blank stare boring into her. Monomi's bunny ears flattened against her head as she began to back away, but she eventually backed into one of the many desks in the camera room. Monokuma roughly grabbed one of her bunny ears, yanking on it to inflict pain. 

"You don't have any right to question me!" Monokuma snarled. Tears began to cascade down Monomi's cheeks, staining her tan skin. Monokuma let go of her ear and shoved her down into his wicker chair. "Just watch the cameras in case there's a murder like I told you."

Monomi quickly nodded her head, unwilling to object to his commands. Monokuma was so cruel to her and she hated it, but she did not have the strength to stand up to him. Monokuma was satisfied with her obedience, leaving the room after threatening her once more. It was almost nighttime and students began to head to their cottages to rest for the night. 

Monokuma passed by Nagito on his way to (Y/n)'s cottage. The dirty side glare that Nagito targeted towards the mastermind did not go unnoticed. However, Monokuma was too focused on getting to his destination to care about Nagito. 

Meanwhile, (Y/n) was in their dorm. They had just returned from hanging out with their closest friend, Ibuki. Ibuki was so fun and energetic and she had always found a way to make (Y/n) laugh. They were glad to have someone like that as a friend in this horrid killing game.

A sudden knocking on their door caught (Y/n) off guard. They watched with widened eyes as a note was slid under their cottage door. Carefully and hesitantly approaching, (Y/n) was met with a piece of scrap paper with sloppy handwriting. They picked up the slip of paper and quickly read it. 

Meet me at the beach ASAP

(Y/n) contemplated whether or not to go. The handwriting was definitely not recognizable, so they didn't know who it could be. This note was clearly some sort of red flag. Meeting someone on the beach at this hour? What if this was some sort of murder scheme? Despite that idea in their head, their body seemed to take control of itself. They headed out of the door and began to sprint to the beach by themselves.