|| Hideous Hedgehog ||

____

AU: Non-despair AU

Type: Monokuma x Reader fluff

Warnings: None

Reader: Gender-neutral

Word count: 1,449

__

Guide:

(Y/n)=(Your/name)

____

3rd Person P.O.V.

Sprawled out on the couch, Monokuma mindlessly surfed through the many channels available on the television. Much to his dismay, he was unable to find anything to entertain him. Monokuma clicked the power button mindlessly. He didn't exactly mean to, but it was an automatic response to being unsuccessful in finding an entertaining channel.

Monokuma's mind began to wonder. What was (Y/n) doing? He hadn't seen them in a few days. It was likely that they were currently residing in their home, probably playing video games. Monokuma had heard from Junko that (Y/n) had recently gotten a new game collection. He suspected that they cooped up in their room, staring at the television for hours on end, the only goal in their mind being to complete the game before them.

Alright, I'll just have to visit them! Monokuma thought. His lips curled into a smile. Perhaps they could play the game together? Wouldn't that be fun! Monokuma hopped off of the couch and rushed to the front door. He slipped on the shoes he left by the door—which happened to be red sneakers—and then left the apartment. He rushed down the flight of stairs and exited the gate, now walking amongst the sidewalk.

Luckily for Monokuma, (Y/n)'s house wasn't too far away from his own. It only took a few minutes to arrive there. As he strolled, Monokuma mindlessly admired the scenery of his neighborhood. It was a simple neighborhood, with only small houses lined up in rows and a couple of apartment complexes placed across from them. If you turned left at the end of the street and walked a bit, there was a small shopping center. If you turned right, there was (Y/n) and Junko's neighborhood. 

Monokuma turned right at the end of the street, almost to (Y/n)'s house. Their house was the third one on the right hand side of the neighborhood, so Monokuma arrived rather quickly. (Y/n)'s house wasn't too large. It was a small two story home where only (Y/n) and their parents lived. Monokuma wasn't too worried about disturbing the family. (Y/n)'s parents were usually absent during the day to attend work, only staying home on Sundays and Mondays. It was currently a Saturday afternoon conveniently enough.

Monokuma snuck to the side of the house, snickering a bit as he scaled the oak tree. It was his usual route; climbing up the oak tree and entering (Y/n)'s room through the window. He followed the same routine this time. However, this time (Y/n)'s curtains were shut. A bit strange. Usually their curtains were open.

No big deal, I'll just climb in like usual. Monokuma nodded at the thought. Sliding open the window, Monokuma hopped into (Y/n)'s room.

"Anddd the party has arrived!" Monokuma announced his presence. He raised one arm and struck a dramatic pose to compliment his statement.

(Y/n) snapped their head towards the male who just entered their room. The room was suddenly lit up from the now open curtains, temporarily blinding (Y/n). They yelped and dropped the controller, shielding their eyes from the horrid light of the afternoon sun.

Monokuma pouted, placing a hand on his hip as he stared down at the person writhing on the ground. "The light, it's too bright!" they hissed, slowly uncovering their eyes. (Y/n) squinted as their eyes adjusted to the new lighting.