Soundless Love - Part 2

Image: Emiko

When they finished planning the project, the lunch bell rang, and Max vanished as Rin turned around. "He must be very shy," Taro muttered suspiciously. Emily walked away shortly after, and Rin did the same. She went to the lunchroom to look for Emiko.

She guessed lunch would be fine. She was completely wrong. As she entered, she joined the long lunch line, and this boy with black hair and green eyes pushed in front of her. She was irritated but kept her cool. She couldn't find Emiko or Taro after that. There were tables with all types of kids. Gamer kids, Nerdy kids, Theater kids and so on.

She chose to sit in the back and eat her tuna sandwich. The same boy who had pushed his way to the front of the line approached her and snatched her food. He gave a smirk. "Are you this poor that you have to eat from here?"
She looked at him with a deep gaze and simply replied calmly. "Then why are you here?"

She was stressed as a result of this encounter and quickly grabbed her bag to leave. He stood in the way of her exit just as she was about to leave. "Wanna see something funny?" He smirked to himself and threw the tuna sandwich in her face before she could say anything.

She just stood there for a few seconds, staring into his laughter-filled eyes. She could hear people around her laughing. She simply pushed him aside and walked out, looking for the nearest restroom. She felt a deep ache in her throat and the beginnings of a breakdown. Walking down the empty corridors made her feel a little better, but she was still covered in fish and mayonnaise. She came across Emiko while walking through the halls, and to her surprise, Max was hugging her next to the lockers. She looked around, a little surprised, but she needed to get this sandwich off her face.

After getting most of the tuna out of her hair, she looked around the corner to see if Emiko and Max had left. She exited the restroom and looked for her next class, Math. She ran into the same boy from the lunchroom as she climbed the stairs to the top floor of the college. He simply smirked and spoke. "Hey, tuna girl." He laughed, and she ignored him and continued walking, but he followed her to Maths, where they talked about the most random things ever. She had no idea what he was saying, but she kept walking.

When the bell for the third period rang, he simply walked away. She was puzzled as to why he wanted to talk to her, but shrugged it off. Her thoughts returned to Emiko and Max. Were they just friends, or something more?

"Please pay attention in class, Miss Rin." A voice yelled. It was Mrs Crankshaft. She returned to the whiteboard once she realised Rin had returned to reality.

• Part 3 coming soon •