Chapter One

Ray's P.O.V
I woke up to screaming.

Maddie.

I could hear One Direction's "Little Things" blasting and realized that she wasn't screaming, she was trying to sing along.

"Maddie!" I screamed. "You sound like a dying whale!" She started laughing noisily, and I smiled as I sat up and put my glasses on.

Walking down the hall in our small, one story house, the smell of bacon and pancakes became noticeable and when I got down the hall, I saw there were eggs too.

"Why are you cooking?" I questioned.

"Because. Today is a special day." She replied flipping her light brunette hair over her shoulder and looking at me with her dark blue eyes.

"And what is this special occasion you speak of?" I laughed.

"I have news! So you know Bart, the manager of MAGcon?" She smiled at me expectantly.

"Uhh... Not really..? Am I supposed to? Wait, wasn't he our old Spanish teacher? Last year. He got a new job?"

"No!" She screamed and slapped my left arm.

"Ow! What was that for? Is that the wrong guy?"

"Yes! Duh! That was Mr. McCaully! I think he's dead. Anyways, MAGcon! Don't you remember? Think, Ray, think!" She yelled.

"Oh yeah, him. What about it? " I asked.

"He called yesterday while you were at the gym. He wants us to join MAGcon! Isn't that great?!" Maddie squealed.

"Um, Mads? Do you know anything about MAGcon? They travel. Like a lot."

"Yeah, so? It would be a cool new experience!" Maddie argued.

"I can't! What about gymnastics? I still have another meet next month! When does it start?"

"Uhh... " Maddie pulled out her iPhone 5s and unlocked it.

"When's the meet?" She asked.

"June 3rd." I replied. Wiping the sleep out of my eyes, I noticed it was only 8:15. "Why are you up so early?" She ignored my question and said,

"The first event is in California, and it's the 6th!" She cheered.

"Fine, I guess. I'm done with gymnastics after this meet, my knee is about to give in." I said a little happier than before. I was actually excited to be done with gymnastics. My teammates and coaches were the best, but I really have no life outside of Vine and gymnastics. And Cameron Dallas of course. Wait...

"Maddie..." I looked at her.

"What?" She smiled.

"CAMERON DALLAS IS GOING TO BE THERE!" I screamed.

"Yeah! And Taylor... He's so handsome! We could go on a double date! " she responded.

"Yeah, keep dreaming." I laughed. "I'm gonna go buy plane tickets and get ready. Wanna go shopping after you finish your food?" I asked.

"Sure, but don't you want some?" She offered.

"Nah, I'm good. I'll get something at the mall." I said walking through the hall and into my small room.

It had really light blue walls, almost white. With a small closet and bathroom. Like, tiny. Before I moved out, I had to share a room with my fourteen year old brother. Not fun... At all.
My bed was a twin (lame) with a white comforter and a green body pillow, with a few throw pillows that said, "SMILE", "summer", and "too cool 4 u". It also had "love" written out in cursive on the wall with Christmas lights. Like a Tumblr room- except very small.

I sat on my bed and got my MacBook Pro out. When it was logged in, I bought two first class plane tickets to California since we lived in North Carolina. We were planning to move soon, to somewhere a lot bigger, because we don't fit. We weren't planning to move too far away from here though. Maddie and I have also thought about looking for a house in LA. Where we were going in a few days.

After I bought the tickets, I went in my bathroom, turned on the hot water and stepped into the shower. Letting the water cascade over my thin-ish body, I washed my hair, body, face, and shaved.

I stepped out and dried myself with my white towel and soon realized I had a visitor.

Period.

"Damn," I cursed. I took care of that and quickly picked an outfit.

I wore a coral colored flowy crop top and some dark wash jean shorts with my mint green Vans.
I put on my glasses before taking my hair out of its towel and leaving it to dry naturally.

I grabbed my iPhone 6 and my purse and yelled for Maddie. She came running, and we left.

Okay the boys will be in the story soon... just give me time! I still have to explain everything in her life but they will be in the next chapter or two. Make sure to vote comment and share😊 thanks for reading!
-Brenna