Chapter Five

Ray's P.O.V.

beep.

beep.

beep.

"Maddie would you please shut that damn thing off? It's so annoying." I groan, referring to her alarm clock. Why did she even set it?

"Because I knew you would sleep in until four in the afternoon." Oops. I said that out loud. "Plus, I want to go to the beach today. Do you want to ask the boys?" She asked.

"Yeah, I will text Nash." I replied.

To: Nash😏🔥
'heyy lazy butt. Maddie and I want to go to the beach today. You up for it?'

I instantly get a reply.

From: Nash😏🔥
'I'm down. Boys r 2. Meet us in the lobby in 20.. Bathing suits on😉'

He replies.

To: Nash😏🔥
'Perv. Ok, see you in 20🌞'

I look at the clock to see its already 10.

"We are meeting them downstairs in twenty minutes, I'm gonna go change." I say. I get up and walk over to my suitcase to grab my bikini. It's Aztec print and the strapless. The bottoms have ties on the sides, and both pieces are different pastel colors, including coral pink. (A/N let's pretend she's off her period bc that's too much work. Ok? Ok.) I walk into the bathroom and change into the swimsuit and throw on a muscle t-shirt on after that. I grabbed a pair of athletic shorts and put those on too. After that, I put on some waterproof mascara and some foundation, then I threw my hair up in a ponytail. I walked out and told Maddie that the bathroom was open and she could use it.

While she was in the bathroom, I went on my phone and checked Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and Tumblr. I tweeted,

'@RayRay_Mallé: beach day with the mains @maddie_hough @MAGCONTOUR'

I immediately got hundreds of comments, retweets, and tags.

Maddie walked out of the bathroom and I followed her out of the room to the elevator. The ride was quick but about 25 seconds in, a guy who looked to be our age walked in. I looked at him with curious eyes and when he looked up, I froze.

'This is too good to be true' I thought. It couldn't be him. It just couldn't. He moved away four years ago.

Nathan.

~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~•

"Nathan?!" I ask. He looks at me.

"Holy crap! Raylin?!" He laughs. He opens his arms and engulfs me in a huge bear hug. Maddie coughs and he looks up.

"Maddie? Oh my gosh, what are you guys doing here?" He smiles.

"Heard of MagCon?" I ask. He nods and says,

"You're in that? That's so cool!"

Nathan, Maddie and I were best friends since the beginning. Maddie and I met in preschool, and befriended Nathan in kindergarten. Ever since, we have been together nonstop. You couldn't separate us if you tried. We knew each other's deepest and darkest secrets. We told each other absolutely everything. Maddie and I even told him when we got our first periods. Well, he actually told me when I got mine. That's another story though.

Nathan had to move at the end of seventh grade, and it was really hard for both Maddie and I. Eventually we got over it, but we were never as close with another guy as we were with Nathan. I think I had taken it harder, because I had started to develop feelings for him right before he left.

"What are you doing here?" Maddie asked and I nodded.

"I'm visiting some friends... You probably know them." He winked. I looked at Maddie and she was just as confused as I was.

"Oh! Uh, well we are going to the beach with the guys, wanna come?" I ask. I look down and realize he already has a bathing suit on. "Oh, were you already going, or...?" I ask.

"Yeah, I was gonna meet up with some friends," he smirks again. "but I think might see them if I go with you. Plus, we need to catch up." He adds. I nod and the elevator dings, signaling we are at the first floor. Before we exit, he throws an arm around my shoulder. Goosebumps raise on my skin, and the thought occurs to me that my feelings for Nathan haven't yet gone away. Maddie looks over at me and winks. I smile and shrug, causing Nathan to look down at me. I smile at him and he shakes his head and laughs. Entering the lobby, I see all of the guys standing or sitting, playing on their phones.

"Hey guys!" I say. "Uh, this is one of my friends Nathan. We ran into each other in the elevator. He's gonna hang out with us at the beach. Okay?" I say. Nash laughs and I look at him. "What?" I ask, confused.

"We already know who Nate is. We invited him too, we hoped you wouldn't mind." He says. "What's up bro?" He bro hugs Nathan and Nathan looks at me.

"These are the 'friends' I was talking about, Ray." He says.

"Ohh, well... How do you know each other?" I ask.

"Well, when I moved, it was to North Carolina. I still live there. Anyway, I met Nash the first day at school. I guess before you got invited to MagCon I was introduced to and became best friends with the rest of the guys."

"We live in North Carolina!" Maddie shrieks.

"What?!" Nate and Nash say at the same time.

"Wait, Nash... do you still live there?" I ask.

"Yeah, we both do. Where do you live in NC?"

"Well, Maddie and I have talked about it, and we really like it in LA... We were planning to move to somewhere still in North Carolina, but we have decided we're moving to LA. When we get back actually." I say. Nash's face is blank. Nathan's drops.

"You guys okay?" Maddie asks.

"Cam and I are moving to LA, in one month." Nathan looks at Nash with lost eyes.

"You're both leaving me?"

"We had this plan for a while now, I'm sorry." Nash looks guilty. I bet we look guilty too.

"We really like it in LA, I'm so sorry." I say.

"It's fine. I understand." Nate says, but he still looks really upset. "Let's just go to the beach, have some fun, get our minds off of things. Okay?" Nate says. We all nod, and with that, we're off to the beach.