Chapter Four

Ray's POV

"Okay, so I'll start?" Nash asks.

"No! I wanna start!" Hayes yells.

"Just someone start please?" I laugh.

"Okay, uh. Matt." Nash starts. "Truth or dare?" He asks.

"Truth." He simply answers.

"You got your pretty little eyes on someone?" Nash jokes.

"Yeah, but she isn't interested." He frowns. I think I know where this is headed.

"Ooh! Who?" Hayes innocently asks. Of course all of us knew who Matt was talking about.

"It's Maddie okay?" Matt gets up and quietly walks off, closing the door behind him.

"I should probably go talk to him, he's upset." Maddie says awkwardly and follows Matt. I look at Johnson and see that he's glaring at the ground, jealousy in his eyes. His mouth clenches and so do his hands, over and over again. Someone's jealous.

"Okay.. How about we continue?" I laugh. People nod and Gilinsky speaks up.

"Nash, truth or dare?" Nash chooses dare.

"Kiss Raylin." He simply says, like its no big deal. This would be my first kiss, I'm not wasting it on a dare. I know, I'm almost eighteen but I don't like all the mushy mushy romance stuff. It's not for me. Ew.

"Wait, I'm not just gonna kiss someone like its no big deal." I say.

"Loosen up, its just a dare." Gilinsky rolls his eyes.

"Exactly, it's just a dare, and I'm not doing it." I say, my vision blurs and I get up, wiping away a stray tear that had slipped down my cheek.

"Ray, wait!" Nash's voice calls out to me.

"Raylin, I'm sorry, please come back." Gilinsky pleads. I open the door, soon to be greeted by the delivery man from earlier.

Crap.

I try to run back in the room before the door closes and he grabs my wrist. I let out a yelp just before the door shuts tight, hoping one of the boys will come after me.

"Stop!" I screech. He doesn't, but he does tell me to shut up, and continues to pull me towards the stairs.

The hotel door opens, but he doesn't hear it. I'm held so I'm facing the door, and he's facing the stairs. I put my hand to my mouth signaling to Gilinksy, who was the one who came out of the room, to be quiet. He nodded, and quietly snuck towards us. Before the man could open the door, Jack grabbed my waist, pulling me out of the mans grip. He turns and grabs my foot. The only sounds in the hallway were my trying to yell, but not because I was so shocked as to what just happened, Jack grunting, trying to pull the man off of me, and the man breathing heavily. I finally got the courage to build up a scream and our hotel room door soon opens again.

"Raylin! Oh my gosh!" It was Nash. The man, who was still trying to pull me down the stairs, realizes he isn't getting anywhere and let's go. Before he runs, he does something else. He grabs my hand once again, and pulls me close. His grip is tight, and I am unable to escape his grasp. He whispers,

"Listen here you little cunt, leave these boys alone. You aren't worth it. Leave now. Or, I will make sure your life is a living hell. Go." Next, he does the unexplainable. He slaps me.

Pain shoots through my cheek and I gasp. Soon after, Nash runs up and grabs me by the waist he looks at me. We're close. He touches my cheek, I wince.

"I'm sorry, are you okay?" He asks. Behind me, Jack is beating up the guy. Hayes runs out, followed by the rest of the boys.

"Holy shit!" Shawn yells. I didn't think he would be the one to say that in this situation.

"What the hell happened?!" Cam asks.

"This asshole just practically tried to rape her." Nash explains when he looks at me. "Come here, let's get you back to the room. Is anyone on the phone with the cops?" Nash asks. Hayes nods and we continue to the room. At this point I'm breathing irratically and know I'm soon about to have an emotional break down. Sure enough, once we get inside the hotel room, still smelling like pizza, Chinese food, and teenage boys, I start sobbing. My knees give away and I fall to the floor, Nash cradling me in his arms.

"Shh," he cooed. I'm laying in his arms and he's rocking me back and forth. He plants a kiss on my forehead and effortlessly carries me to the bed and lays me down.

"Do you wanna cuddle?" He innocently asks. I giggle and nod, and he wraps his muscular and warm arms around my stomach, consuming my body in heat. It felt nice to be held in someone's arms. It felt nice to feel safe. In this comfortable position, we sat for about ten minutes until I could tell Nash was asleep and I was drifting off. Five minutes into my comfortable nap, I'm woken up by hearing police car sirens outside of the hotel. Soon after, Maddie bursts in with tears in her eyes and wraps her fragile arms around me when I sit up.

So many hugs today. I guess I needed it.

Following Maddie comes in two police officers. They start to ask me questions about the 'attack' as they called it. The whole time, Nash didn't let go of me once. Even when the police officer asked him to give me some space, he replied with,

"I'm never letting this one out of my sight again."

"She is safe here, sir." The cop was annoyed.

"I don't care. I'm right here with her. No matter what." I blushed at this, and snuggled into his chest. Soon after the police left and everyone was in their rooms, Maddie came to take me back to mine.

"Thank you Nash." I said.

"No problem." he replied. "I like helping girls I like." Hardcore blushing, I turn and look up at him.

"You like me?" I ask.

"I don't know yet. I will make up my mind soon." he winks.

"Let me know when you do. I'll be waiting." I laugh.

Getting back into my room, Maddie bombards me with questions. I don't answer them, instead, I ask her questions of my own about Jack and Matt.

"Well, they were both upset but I talked to them. I like Matt okay, but I just do t know him very well. Johnson and I just clicked. There's something about him..." she trails off. I nod. "We should probably get to bed. I bet you're tired." she says. I go to the bathroom and handle my business, washing my face and brushing my teeth as well. I get in the hotel bed and lay down. I heard a buzz, and look at my phone. It's Nash.

From: Nash😏🔥
'Sleep well gorgeous. Don't think about the bad stuff that happened today, think about me.😏🌞 see you tomorrow💙'

I laughed and replied with,

'Don't worry, I was already gonna think about you😊😚 goodnight handsome💚💚'

I shut my phone off and slowly but steadily fell asleep. But not before, as I promised, thinking about Nash.

I think I really like this knucklehead.