Chapter Seven

Shawn's P.O.V.

When I saw her for the first time on that beach I froze, as did every other guy who noticed her. I knew I would never have a chance with her, not because she would reject me, just because everyone else knew her name; I did not. She knew everyone else's name; not mine. And, all of the other guys were more fit, athletic, handsome, and could probably spoil her so much more than I could. Let's not forget- we're only here for MAGcon so even if we did have a relationship, it wouldn't last.

Mystery Girl's P.O.V.

I recognized him the moment I saw him throwing a football to another guy. Shawn Mendes. I was not a die hard fan but I sure knew who they were, and wouldn't mind a picture or two.

Although, when I first heard Shawn on the radio, he seemed so down to earth, and so sweet. I wanted to know him just like any other girl (or boy- not judging) out there. But it wasn't because he was famous or hot, even though he was. It was because when I heard him that very first time, I felt something, not like the typical 17 year old girl obsessing over some new singer. I felt something real. I wanted to make that feeling go away, and let others take its place. (A/N if you don't understand she's saying she wants the feeling of wanting to get to know him to go away and other feelings like comfort, security and love to take its place.(from him lol)).

In my thoughts, I did not realize he was looking right back at me.

Well this is awkward...

Deciding I wanted to say hi, I started to walk over to the two boys through the soft sand. The boy Shawn was throwing the ball to looked like he was in a deep conversation with another guy. Seeing this, Shawn starts hesitantly walking towards me.

"Hi, I'm Macy." I hold out my hand for him to shake.

"Shawn Mendes." He smiles.

"Oh, I know." What? "Sorry, that sounded weird." I laugh.

"It's okay, I get that a lot. How old are you?"

"Well, I-" I begin to tell him that I'm 17 and here for my 18th birthday next week, but before that, I get interrupted.

"Shawn! Catch!" I hear someone yell. The boy who had the ball was throwing it to Shawn. Except his aim was off by about three feet, and the ball was headed straight to my head. Due to my recent head injury, I internally start to freak out. I try to duck but I'm too late. Then it hits me.

Literally.

Shawn's P.O.V.

"What the hell, Cameron?!" I scream. Macy was hit in the head by a football thrown by Cameron, and was unconscious on the sand. I didn't see any blood, but Macy wasn't waking up and it was worrying me. Cameron runs over and kneels down next to me.

"I'm so sorry, is she okay?" He asks frantically.

"Obviously not! She's unconscious! What do we do?" I ask.

"Pick her up. We need to take her to the hospital!" Cameron stands up and I start to pick up Macy but then a girl runs over. Thinking its a fan, Cameron starts to say something.

"Listen, I will take a picture with you later, right now-" before he could finish, the girl interrupts him.

"Shut up, asshole! That's my sister!" She explains pushing past Cam and to Macy who was in my arms. "What the hell happened to her?!" She asked.