What if...

Damon was a very complicated person so she had no idea what he would do or say. When Elena finally confessed her feelings, he didn't say word because his mother called him and he had to go, he just apologized for having to go. Elena wanted to call him or text but she didn't have his number because she lost it and was embarrassed to ask for it again.
------
The whole day was really boring, only boring classes that nobody cares about. She couldn't stop thinking about Damon because she hasn't seen him all day and she was starting to worry.
Finally she was leaving history class when she say a guy with a black leather that could be him. He was talking with his friends so she didn't go over there, instead she passed by him and said hello to one of his friends that was also her friend, Matt. Caroline had a crush on him since forever ago and never had the courage to go talk to him. So Elena saw an opportunity to help her Best Friend the same way Caroline always did. So Elena introduced Caroline to Matt and they surprisingly got along. Elena couldn't stop looking at Damon and the other way around, they were so close and he finally said " Hi" and she replied "Hi" and started to blush and hoped he didn't realized the affect he had on her.
"Can I call you tonight?" He asked
"Sure, but do you have my number?"
"Is it embarrassing if I said I asked for it from Matt a few months ago and was nervous to say something?" He said with his hands on his pockets.
"Damon Salvatore , embarrassed??" She teased him "Now that's something to remember!"
"Stop it, there's a lot you don't know about me, you know?"
"Yeah... So I should go because my mother won't stop texting me, she is outside waiting for me"
"Bye"
"Call you later, bye" Damon said with a smile that made Elena blush a little too much.
----
CAROLINE's POV

Caroline could see the effect Damon Salvatore had on Elena Gilbert and she was their biggest fan but she was more focused on the blonde blue-eyed guy who was right in front of her and smiling at her, she still couldn't believe she was talking to her biggest crush, Matt Donovan. Caroline is a very insecure girl, she is the kind a person that never thinks that a guy would look at her twice.
and he finally said:
"Hi!"- Matt greeted her
"Hi!"-Caroline replied with blushed cheeks and a smile on her face. She was always with a smile on her face but in that moment it was a little bigger for obvious reasons.
"How are you?"- he asked
"I'm great, you?"- she replied
"Great also"- he said with a smile
"So, you're Elena's best friend?"-he asked her
"Yes, I am"-she replied looking at Elena, who was blushing talking to Damon
"So how come she'd never introduced us before?"-he questioned her with a frown
"I asked her not to" -she answered
"Why?-he asked her with a puzzled look on his face
"Would you be suprisedif I said I was nervous to talk to you?-She answered
"I would, why would you be nervous to talk to me?-he asked
"Because I've always had a huge crush on you"-she immediately regretted it pnce she realised what she had just said to him...