The Breakup

Chapter 3

Elena was confused because she didn't know what to do with the information she just received, but she couldn't stay with Stefan... could she?

In the cafeteria Elena was with Stefan and Stefan had a feeling that something was wrong so he asked her: "Are you okay?"

She was brave and said: "No."

"Why?"

"Because I don't love you"

Stefan was shocked, he was not expecting that answer.

"What?"

"I feel like you have high expectations for our relationship and I don't, we are clearly two different people. You are sweet and caring and care about me"

"So that's it Elena, we're over?"

"I'm so sorry Stefan"

The whole cafeteria stopped and look at them then Stefan started crying and ran away.

Then Caroline finally stepped in and shouted:

"There's nothing to see here, keep walking!"- and hugged Elena while walking towards the door, Elena was so embarrassed and she stopped and looked back to see the crowd and she noticed Damon who was shocked but with a little smile. Elena continued walking with a smile and guilty face. She did the right thing but it was harder than she thought.

Elena was right , Stefan wasn't "the one", she shouldn't have said yes when he asked her to be her girlfriend. They were the kinda opposites that do not attract.

Later that day Stefan was very frustrated and started fighting with Caroline by texting in capital letters and she fought back, she had things to say to him, because she never approved of their relationship and now that they were over, she didn't have that weight over her shoulders. They fought and fought and in the end Caroline finally said: " Goodbye Stefan. "

Elena was finally free.

So she went to Facebook and started typing "hello" to Damon but she didn't had the courage to press send.

She was tired so she went to sleep, she said goodnight to Caroline and went to bed hoping that the next day will be a brighter day.

But breakups are hard and sometimes the exes are not so caring when they get dumped...

Sorry for the small chapter :(