Why did she say yes?

Chapter 1

Elena was a normal teenager with a best friend, Caroline, this summer Elena started talking everyday with her friend Stefan Salvatore, at first she only started talking to him because she didn't want to be rude but then she got to know him better and he was a really nice guy and she always knew that he had a huge crush on her.

When school finally started they started hanging out in all the breaks, Caroline was jealous because she didn't like Stefan, she knew that Elena had feelings for his brother Damon Salvatore and she was just using him to get to him.

Stefan was really nervous when he finally asked the QUESTION,

"Elena will you give me the honor to call you my girlfriend?"

Elena liked playing games so she answered,

"No..........yes!!!"

"Ohhh" and then they held hands and kissed...

Then she went to history class, and her best friend Caroline asked Elena

"So tell me what's new with you and Stefan?"

"Nothing much but he JUST ASKED ME TO BE IS GIRLFRIEND!"

The teacher yelled at her "Silence Miss Gilbert!"

Caroline didn't know how to react because she never approved of her and Stefan because in her heart she knew that Elena loved Damon and not Stefan so she did what thought was right and said - "Congratulations I guess!"

The day went on with random people that Elena didn't knew were congratulating her on her relationship with Stefan.

Elena was not a fan of labels so she didn't like when people called her Stefan's girlfriend, but she didn't really say anything.

On the lunch break she sat next to Caroline and told her all the details, even if she didn't like Stefan's relationship with Elena, she loved Elena like a sister so she was always there for her.

They were about to leave the cafeteria when Damon Salvatore walked in, Elena stopped for a moment longer than necessary, when she realized that he was walking towards her, he spoke,

"I heard about your new boyfriend"- he said looking into her eyes

"Really?"-Elena sounded surprised but she wasn't really because Damon was one of the most popular guys in her school

"Yep, I hope he treats you right, you deserve the best and only the best and I hope this doesn't mean we are going to stop speaking..."

Before she could answer he left, just like that and Elena was speechless.

When Caroline finally spoke,

"So that just happened..."

Elena froze. Meanwhile she got a text: I sweetieI hope your having a good day I can't wait to kiss your lips again and again...-Stefan

She answered: Same -Elena

"Caroline what just happened?"

"You just talked with Damon Salvatore, (the one who got away) who basically told you he was super jealous of you and Stefan!"

"Do you really think so?"

"YES!"

It can't be true Elena must be dreaming she never thought that Damon felt the same way as she did all these years, did he?

...