Chapter 4 - Cold Palace Clean up

The next morning, Zhao Li Zixin woke up with two baby buns beside him. Zhao Li Zixin gently smiled.

He didn't know that just from waking up with someone, it was this wonderful. You are able to enjoy the other's warmth and vice versa, not ever wanting to leave the comfort and warmth it provides.

But even though he's unwilling to leave the two baby buns, he is still an empress. Though unfavored and close to losing his position, Zhao Li Zixin is still this Empire's mother.

He got up and got dressed. He wore a hanfu that perfectly defined his curves.

The hanfu was colored white with waves of red and gold on the edges. The head accesories where all golden which high-lighted his snow white hair. Put on a tiny bit of rouge using a brush and colored his eye lids the perfect shade of rose, a make up befitting of an Empress.

Zixin heard rustling from behind and turned to see two adorable sleepy heads rubbing their sleepy eyes. Zhao Li Zixin smiled fondly to his two sleepy bun buns.

"Good morning, mommy's two precious bun buns..."

Zixin went to the bed and hugged the two babies, gently nibbling at their soft and smooth cheeks. The children giggled at Zixin's remark and hugged Zixin back.

"Silly mama, Feng Feng and Fang fang are not food..."

"Hehe I know right, mommy is really silly and you two are both smart..."

While the babies and Zixin were having fun, Xiao shou came and called the Empress. When Xiao shou went inside, he felt a deadly aura and sweated bullets...

   "I-I am sorry to interupt your highness enjoyment but the servants have already lined outside the garden..."

'Tch! why do they always call in the wrong timing'

"Okay, I'll be there soon..."

Zixin then urges his baby buns to go and get dressed. He also went and asked Xiao shou to make adjustments to his quarters. He wants his youngest child to also sleep in his room to watch over his baby and to also make sure no assassins can infiltrate and harm his babies. Thirty minutes after, the twins and Zixin, along with baby Lulu, went outside and walked towards the garden.

"Today, I want all of the remaining servants to get ready and clean the garden. I do not tolerate laziness. If you do, then you will receive ten slaps from a wooden plank and you will be kicked out of the palace..."

"But...if any of you do not want to serve me, then I will give you the privilege of leaving with your head intact...to those who wish to leave, raise your hand. I expect to see this garden without neither a weed or any other trash tomorrow or else you lot will be the trash I pull out. You will be rewarded if you do your job right but if you all do not take me seriously, I will be the one who will end your life as well. I may be a fallen empress but I am still your empress."

All the servants shivered. They looked at each other, deciding whether to follow the once unreasonable Empress, or to leave the cold palace unharmed. After all, this Empress is already unfavored.

There were a total of sixteen servants, ten raised their hand and six remained.

'Hmm, looks like these people are somewhat loyal or just plain old broke and are desperate for a job.' Zixin thought.

When the ten servants who raised their hand left, Zixin gave each remaining servant a glance and then said...

"Each one of you are the ones who decided to remain with this Empress. Even though I am unfavored, all of you remained. Since you all decided to stay, I shall be the one who will decide whether if you all are loyal or not..."

Even though the Empress did not say anything to threaten them, they still felt this cold feeling around their necks.

While they were still shivering from the cold feeling that they felt, Zixin was slowly walking towards the library but stopped, turned around and said...

"Oh, and by the way, don't put any flowers yet. I will be the one who chooses what plant or flower will be put here, understand?"

"Yes, your highness..."

Zixin then took his two baby buns, who are very patient, which looked so cute and went towards the library to get a few books about the history of this kingdom. When he arrived, a lot of accumulated dust and chips of broken wood were scattered on the floor.

'This was also where I found my baby snowflake which was covered in mud and dust...'

Zixin glanced at baby Fang Hu and baby Feng Hu then just pulled them close and hugged them. Right now he is very content of his new life. Even if he was an unfavored Empress, he doesn't care, he only cares about his babies and that would not change for this lifetime.

Zixin looked at his children and was wondering if he should ask or not, whether they hate the previous Zixin or not. He then gently took the two children's hands and then asked...

"Babies, are you afraid of mommy?..." he asked.

The two children looked at each other and then smiled the cutest smile then said...

"Mommy is strong and beautiful, we will always love mommy even though mommy will sometimes get mad at us..."

Zhao Li Zixin teared up at the lovely remark of his little babies, apologizing at the fact that these, barely four years old chidlren were so precious and apologizing for the things that the old Zhao Li Zixin did to them. He swore that these three adorable babies will always be his treasures and will always keep them safe.

Ah, talking about children, didn't the previous Zixin's memory say that he has 4 children and his eldest is the third prince, Zhang Xian Hu. It also says that, Xian Hu was sent to another kingdom to study at the best educational institute of this era. The child was excellent with the talks of politics and martial arts at only two years old that he was said to be a crown prince candidate.

Because of this, he was exposed to danger at a very young age and had to fend for himself once outside the palace that even the Emperor had to intervine to protect the child, yet the previous Zixin doesn't even care. Imagine the pain a two year old child had to endure yet the mother doesn't even fucking care.

But even though this happened, Xian Hu  still loves his mother. Such a kind child that he was able to maintain his kindness, but his kindness only extends to his mother and father and also his younger siblings.

Without warning, hot tears streamed down Zixin's face. Knowing that he hates what his oldest child had to go through, he cried and hugged his 3 youngest children and said...

"I am so sorry my babies, this is all your mommy's fault. I was a bad mommy, a very very bad mommy. Uwaaah, sorry, sorry, mommy was wrong, please do forgive mommy, my sweet and lovely baby boys, huhu..."

Right after Zixin said those words, the two children also got emotional and cried with their mommy, saying that they forgive mommy and that they will always love mommy forever. Because his older brothers and mommy was crying, Lulu felt excluded and cried. Zixin looked at his youngest then towards the twins and laughed...

Such kind children, how lucky was the previous Zixin to get such lovely kids. He hopes he wold get to also see his eldest.

But even after all of this happened, there was this one presence in which Zixin cannot miss. It also seems that he is observing him. Still, he won't capture him for now. He will observe the spy's actions and kill him if he tries to either harm him or his children.

All of a sudden, a loud growl was heard inside the dusty library. Baby snowflake's(Fang Hu) face instantly turned bright red due to embarrassment. Zixin and baby raven(Feng Hu) giggled softly.

"It looks like little snowflake's little tummy is hungry. Come, as an apology for all of mommy's mistakes, I will bake you both cookies!. However baby Lulu still can't eat hard cookies so I'll make you something else okay!..."

Upon hearing what their mommy said, Feng Hu, Fang Hu and even Lulu's eyes sparkled. How cute! Looks like he'll be making cookies frequently from now on...How precious.