Chapter 6 - Empress & 2nd prince

The 2nd prince was mischievous and stubborn but too much of it can make a person appear very stupid. Tantrums aside, the 2nd prince was creating quite the ruckus in the kitchen and it has to be stopped or else the cookies he made for his dumplings are going to be too cold. Zixin called out at the prince that is shouting at his attendant.

   "Prince Zhang Li hu. It seems you have not been educated properly as to how loud you have been shouting..."

   Zhang Li hu turned around and saw Zixin beside towards the door carrying the doe-eyed Lulu and both twins by his side. He sneered at Zixin, saying with his eyes 'and what's it got to do with you?'.

..... it seems the kid drowned and the water washed away all his manners.

   Zixin smilled a not-so-forced smile and slowly walked towards prince brat. He walked pass by the wnd prince to take the already plated cookies and handed the twins a piece. Seeing as to how the Empress just walked past him without a single shout or retort puzzled the second prince.

   The Empress was well know for being extremely obsessed with his father, the Emperor, acting the same as an animal wagging its tail. However the Emperor hated him so naturally he ignores all the things the past Zixin did. Being angry 24/7 has been the past Zixin's trade mark, like an overly irritated wild pig, charging at anyone who looks at him in a bad way. And now seeing this version of the Empress greatly puzzles the second prince. He couldn't really wrap his finger in this sudden change.

   After a moment of confusion, Zixin turned towards the prince and saw his very confused face which looked funny yet also adorable...

"Do you wanna try a cookie?..." asked Zixin

   The prince was hesitant and wanted to decline the empress and just walk away when his stomach suddenly rumbled... he felt embarassed at himself and regretted to eat his breakfast earlier.

   Zhao Li Zixin chuckled, took one cookie and handed it to the growling prince. The 2nd prince was reluctant to take the cookie at first but his stomach won't let him decline. He 'reluctantly' ate the cookie and was amazed by the taste. The cookie tasted sweet with a hint of bitterness due to the sesame seeds however, the bitterness is even more mellowed down due to the warmth still lingering on in the cookie which in turn made the cookie slightly soften. And due to the milk and honey added in the cookie, it emited the most milkest and sweetest scent. Just the perfect scent to make it appetizing.

  The 2nd prince didn't like to admit it but it is the most delicious cookie he has ever tasted...

   The imperial palace was one of the places where you can taste some of the best tasting foods in the empire and the Imperial family has been served with even more delicious foods all their life. Due to this, the imerial chefs liked to boast of their skills and talent of making the most delicious foods and dessert for the royal family.

   However, right now it seems like the 2nd prince's mind would like to disagree with them because of how delicious this cookie is. And seems like the twins couldn't agree more...

   In just three bites, the cookie vanished and teleported to the prince's stomach. He liked how perfect the cookies were and was feeling unsatisfied by one measly cookie.

   He snuck a glance at the plate full of moon cookies, he then snuck a glance at Lin Li Zixin. He found that the empress and the children were looking at him. He felt embarassed knowing that they might have seen his disgraceful display earlier.

   "Ahem. Your tiny cookies have gathered my attention. As the 2nd prince. I command you that you make me more of the tiny cookies!hmph!..."
   "No."

   Zhang Li Hu was caught off guard at Zhao Li Zixin's immediate refusal. He was always being indulged by people lower or even his mother and father. So to be refused by a fallen empress made him slightly mad.

   "How dare you refuse the prince?! You are but an unfavored empress.!" Said the servant, as he pointed at Zhao Li Zixin. He looked quite arrogant and scheming.

   The switch between a cowering animal to an arrogant ant was fast which amused Zhao Li Zixin. He looked towards the servant and the fuming prince and smirked.

   "Who gave you the right to speak slave? An unfavored empress is nonetheless an empress am I not?..."

   Zhao Li Zixin said as he signed a xaoi shou to come closer and take care of the children. He then slowly approached a kitchen knife and hid it in his sleeves.

   "For a mere servant to speak up while an Empress and a prince are talking, my, my, what disrespect..."

   Zhao Li Zixin then slowly walked towards the servant who looked uneasy as he walked closer towards him.

   "Here, let me do the honors of diciplining such a rude servant. I assure you, he.will.be.reformed. under my direct guidance..." Zhao Li Zixin said as he leaned closer towards the servant. Smiling a dangerous smile.

   Seeing the terrified look of the pathetic wimp, he then looked at the prince and gave the most harmless smile towards Zhang Li Hu...

   "So, what do you say your highness? Will you let me 'take care' of your servant? To be honest, I am currently hiring new servants today! So while I am teaching my servants some manners, I could also 'teach' this servant the way of the palace... don't you think so? Your highness?..."

   Removing himself infront of the terrified servant, Zhao Li Zixin then softly called his children. The terrifying smile turned soft as he gazes towards the running little meat buns. He took his youngest from xiao shou and looked at the prince then servant and said...

   "My offer is very much open, especially for you your highness, 2nd prince. If you ever do change your mind and accept my offer. I promise you the most loyal, obedient and tight-lipped servant in the whole Imperial Palace. But of course, everything comes with a price, hehe... I will be waiting for your decision young prince..."

   Zhao Li Zixin then proceeded to walwk towards his chambers while also taking a bowl full of cookies. As Zhao Li Zixin walked and was out of sight. The prince, albiet confused and slightly grumpy, started to walk to the Jade palace. But suddenly, someone called Zhang Li Hu and he went to a halt.

   The servant finally caught up with the prince. Panting vigoriously, the servant gave him a bag full of the cookies he ate earlier.

"Your highness, the empress gifts these to you. His highness hopes it appeases your anger..."

The servant says as he handed the sweet smelling cookies. The servant then bid farewell to the prince.

   Unbeknowst to all, Zhang Li Hu smiled a little towards the bag full of delicious, smelling cookies...