𝐢𝐯. 𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝗲𝘅𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗹𝘆 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘁 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲

CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR.
it's exactly what it looks like

THERE IS SOMETHING TO be said about self-care

THERE IS SOMETHING TO be said about self-care. We all see the truth about self-care and its impact on people on our social media. However, self-care can vary for each individual. For some, self-care is something helpful and something to cherish. It's often viewed as a time to reset the stress in your life. Yet the real question is, what is people's self-care routine?

Many people's routine is healthy manner. Whether working out or taking a relaxing bath, maybe it's bullet journaling or reading a calming book. An aspect of someone's life that is meant to calm someone down. We all would like to be one of those aesthetic Pinterest gals. Practically everyone wants a moment to relax and be washed over by serenity. Camila wanted that time, and her sobriety journey opened the door to that. However, sometimes a self-care routine can be dangerous.

As stated before, self-care is something that is supposed to be placid. Yet what do you do when the tranquility is harmful? Camila did end up evolving into an auspicious maintenance pattern. But there was once a time when she calmed herself down by bending over a table, straw in her hand, ready to inhale the aromatic white powder. Or she would sneak down to her father's study, raiding the cabinet of inebriating alcohol and alternately walking towards the party of tourons, using harmful sex to try and rid herself of the feeling of that night. Or rather, she would stumble across to the Cameron estate, preparing herself for another blow at her delicate flesh. Perhaps that is why Camila never blamed Rafe for the abuse targeted at her ━ because when Camila couldn't feel the buzz, the only thing to bring her back down to earth was the cut of Rafe's rings. Maybe that made her insane. Perhaps that made her a danger to herself. But she didn't care for the reason that nothing hurt more except for the ghost of calloused fingers on her skin.

In retrospect, self-care was some bullshit. Because what exactly are the feelings of self-care? The main definition is taking care of yourself. But how do you take care of yourself? Because almost everyone in the Outer Banks hid how they took care of themselves ━ , but there was never too much you could hide on an island of that size. Everything went around, but some secrets stayed deep and buried in the walls of houses and fishing shacks.